19 - It's you, not me

Friday 8th July 20:55
Chardonnay's POV

Sudden fear crippled me. Anna charged at me with the fury of a mad woman. Defensively, I put my hands in front of me, ready to attack. I didn't know a lot about self-defence but I had seen an unhealthy amount of Jackie Chan films in my childhood and rewatched Kill Bill countless of times. However, before I could attempt a fly-kick, the security guards leapt into the air from either side of her, rugby-tackling Anna to the ground.

"This is all Chardonnay's fault!" yelled Anna, thrashing on the ground. "I'm really Angelina Valdez."

"Sure you are. Someone tried to fool us earlier with their tickets but weren't on the list," retorted the taller security guard.

I couldn't help but feel sympathetic for her. Anna was a hot mess and she was writhing on the floor like an insect that was dying from insecticide spray. The teacher on the stage had already hobbled down to her and was having a heated conversation with the guards. I stared at Katana as she walked over to them.

"It's okay, you can let her go," shrugged Katana, waving her hand at the security guards.

Instantly, the security guards dropped Anna onto the floor with a loud thud. Chuckling to herself, Katana made her way towards us.

Anna huffed, making eye contact with her group of friends. "Don't just stand there, help me!"

We watched as her group of friends hesitantly moved to Anna's side. They helped her off the floor, clearing a path to the bathroom, presumably to fix her makeup and hair. I noticed Katana couldn't help smirking the whole time.

"I forgot to add, the prom king and prom queen will be crowned at 9," announced the teacher into the microphone.

"First of all, what is Anna wearing?" hissed Yasmin, turning back to us.

I took another glimpse of the disappearing figure of Anna Valdez. She was wearing a nice pair of clear stiletto heels and a diamond choker with mini butterflies but that were the only nice things she wore. The dress was an eyesore. She had a neon green mini dress with white feathers attached to the hem. She looked like a radioactive chicken. I glanced at Katana again. I could see she was desperately trying to hold in a fit of laughter.

"Okay, spill. What did you do?" I questioned.

"Nothing really, just called Anna to tell her that Jasiah's shooting his music video at 6," shrugged Katana. "And I told her to bring her prom dress so it would be easier for her."

"Okay but how stupid can Anna be to go to a music video shoot when prom is like an hour later?"

"You'll do anything when your highest aspiration in life is to suck rappers' dicks."

"So what happened next? What did Jasiah say?" I asked.

I was slightly upset Jasiah didn't invite me to his music video. I was his personal assistant after all. Then again, I didn't show up for work today.

"I told Anna it was Jasiah's ting when really I sent her to one of my friend's music videos," chuckled Katana.

"How did she end up in the green highlighter dress? Anna doesn't dress like that," added Yasmin.

"Well, Anna came in her prom dress so I put her in the green dress," continued Katana, "Then I told her that Jasiah would come at 7."

"Then what happened?"

"Whilst she was waiting, my dog accidentally chewed up her prom dress," giggled Katana, wiping tears away from her eyes. "When she realised Jasiah wasn't coming, Anna had no choice but to wear that green dress since she no longer had a prom dress."