36 - Death by Tesco trolley

Saturday 16th July, 18:13
Jasiah's POV

"What's the meaning of this? I swear you're meant to be at the studio," I frowned, side-eyeing Chiantí.

"I was but after seeing a snap of Anna looking depressed at home, I needed to find a way to cheer her up."

"What has you dropping rubbers in my trolley got to do with Anna? Are you trying to move to me?"

"I'm surprised you think so low of me as your brother's baby mum."

"Well you and Anna fuck anything that moves so..."

Picking up the Durex packet, Chiantí explained, "This isn't about me, it's about Anna. You're single, she's single and you used to be quite close... maybe you could give her some of that get well soon d."

Give Anna some of that get well soon d? Er nigga no. I agreed with Chardonnay that I would be nicer to Chiantí but she's been doing too much lately.

"I always promised I won't lay my hands on a girl but a Tesco trolley doesn't count right?"

Anxiously, Chiantí began to take a few steps further away from me whilst she regarded the crazed look in my eyes. Gripping the smooth blue handle of the Tesco trolley, I broke into a run, chasing after Chiantí. She slid across the smooth floor in her heels, forcing herself to get away. No amount of shouting, slipping and sliding was going to save her now. I jolted the trolley over Chiantí's leg, causing her to fall over. Triumphantly, I pushed the trolley onto her back, making sure to drop the front wheels on her shoulders.

"What are you gonna buy?"

"Just some lasagne ingredients, I haven't eaten lasagne in a-"

I turned around to see Chardonnay and Katana stand at the other end of the aisle. Couldn't Chardonnay choose any other time to buy food? Her eyes darted between Chiantí and me, showing no signs of emotion.

"Yeah I don't think I want to eat lasagne anymore Katana," muttered Chardonnay.

I crossed my arm. "Chardonnay, work starts on Monday."

Chardonnay stuck up her middle finger at me whilst Katana strode closer to me.

"If you ran Chiantí over properly, we would have had a coroner's report for her with death by Tesco trolley."

"You know I can't kill her, my niece deserves to have a mother."

"But Chardonnay and I don't deserve to have enemies of progress who spit bars about fishy pussy so what now?"

Katana turned on her heel and escorted Chardonnay out of the store. Chiantí's pleas of help fell on deaf ears. Yawning, I picked the paracetamol out of the trolley and began to make my way to till, leaving the trolley on top of Chiantí.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Saturday 16th July, 18:40
Chardonnay's POV

Waving goodbye to Katana, I stepped inside my flat block. The cold nipped at my toes from underneath the main door. I edged down the corridor to my ground floor flat, unlocking the door. In the darkness, I could make out a dozen letters littered across the floor. Sighing, I pushed them further inside with my shoe and locked the door behind me. It had been a while since I had been back in my own room. I walked into the living room and was shocked to see my dad sitting on dining table. Confused, I switched the light on.

"Y-you're back?" I cried.

"When my boss found out your mum had died, he called in a favour and put me on the next flight back to England," grinned my dad.

Nodding, I took a seat beside him. Despite my parents choosing to live away from each other, my dad lived in Tottenham and my mum lived in Essex, they deeply cared about each other.

Standing up, my dad questioned, "So what were you doing talking to that boy in Tesco?"

"What do you mean?"

"Don't ask me stupid questions! I am not your mate," yelled my dad. "I saw you talking to that drug dealer. How many times have I told you to stay away from people on this estate?"

"I wasn't talking to him. I just swore at him."

Huffing, my dad brought out two bags of Chinese takeaway. "Alright then, so long as I know that my daughter isn't chilling with gang members."

I almost laughed aloud. Shaking my head, I opened my bag of Chinese.

"Are you going to church tomorrow?" inquired my dad.

"Yeah, I'm going to Eva's one in Stratford."

Who knows, with a bit of luck I just might see my favourite drug dealer.

Parents always think they know their children when moretime, their offspring is chilling on the block with the shooters. What will happen in church? Do you think Jasiah be there? - Jaymunni