09 - Come thru

Sunday 3rd July, 16:20
Jasiah's POV

It's been hours since she left and it's all Chiantí's fault. Chiantí knew what she was doing when she said she's my baby mum. At her big age, I honestly didn't expect it. I miss Chardonnay but I can't even entertain being with her like that since she's now a confirmed thief. I won't tell my sister that though, it would break Kehlani's heart. She has gone through too many betrayals. And I really do need a personal assistant. I've been trying to call Chardonnay all day and so has Eva and Kehlani but she hasn't picked up.

"Has she messaged you back yet?" asked Kehlani, sitting at the bottom of the stairs.

"Nah, I don't think she will."

Kehlani sighed. "Well we're going to go Primark in Wood Green."

"No you're not, go to the Stratford one."

"Why?"

"Is it not you that said you saw someone got shot near Primark, two months ago?" I questioned. "Just go to Stratford please, I don't want anything happening to you."

She rolled her eyes at me and nodded.

"And don't roll your eyes at me big man," I warned, snatching Kehlani's purse out of her hand. "Drop the attitude."

Shaking my head, I stuffed her purse full of twenty pound notes. She never seems to save money. I keep telling to always save some money in case of an emergency but she never listens.

"Shopping in Wood Green without any money eh?"

"We were going to go window shopping actually," she replied, looking away.

"Of course you were, how silly of me," I laughed, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

I tossed back her purse before whispering in her ear, "If I smell weed in your room again, I'll kill you."

She stared down at the floor as she headed back upstairs. I glanced at Katana and Yaz who were sitting behind me.

"Are you going out to shop as well?"

"Nah, I'm going back to my yard," frowned Katana. "You know I don't smoke anymore."

"Alright, and love for the present."

I looked down at the diamond tennis bracelet next to the watch on the my hand. It shimmered like glitter. Grateful, I waved goodbye as she strutted out of the house in her impossibly high heels.

Turning to Yasmin, I asked, "So you're still going to shop at Primark yeah?"

"Kehlani, Eva and I were meant to go."

"But what?"

"We wanted Chardonnay to come as well."

"Why do you lot care about her so much? Don't you know what she's done?"

"What do you mean? She never stole your watch."

Standing up, I kissed my teeth. I couldn't even tell Yasmin what I discovered about Chardonnay.

"Well, Eva and I are going to see Chardonnay tomorrow so I'll see you later," grinned Yasmin.

I turned back around. "Pardon?"

"We're going to the go to the hospital with her."

"Is she sick?"

"No, she's just visiting a loved one in the ward."

"Alright then, I'll come along."

"I don't think that's a goo-"

"I said I'm coming. I'll pick you up in the morning from your yard."