44 - Useless like yam

Friday 29th July, 23:40
Chardonnay's POV

The floorboards of the basement creaked underneath me as I sat cross legged with my hands tied behind my back by a bandana. Katana was sitting behind me at the opposite end of the room, leaning against the wall. I did my best to not make eye contact with her since I was already failing at suppressing my feelings of guilt. We were tied up in here because of me. And we were also going to die here because of me. But I had faith in miracles.

"I'm sorry about Daisy."

Katana looked up at me. "It's not your fault and besides, it'll make shooting ZK even more gratifying."

My eyes rested on the hole in Katana's clothes where the bullet went through earlier. The images replayed in my mind of ZK poking his finger into her bullet wound and touching Katana's thigh in the exact same spot she got stabbed a few years ago.

I nodded at her thigh. "Did ZK... was he the one that, you know?"

"Well back then I had a man and after a motive, a guy with a bally asked for my snap. I refused then he shanked me," explained Katana, catching onto what I meant. "But it's only now that he touched me, I think it must've been him."

"I guess it's a really small world."

"Yeah, I mean who knew I would get shanked in the thigh by a future opp?"

"If I'm being honest, you don't really strike me as a gang member. What made you join GPK?" I asked whilst trying to get more comfortable against the wall.

Katana stared at me for a few seconds. "Let's just say I wanted a drastic change from South London and I was forced to change career paths from being a psychologist."

"You wanted to become a psychologist?"

"Yeah. I enjoy reading people and helping them."

I noticed Katana's eyelids were starting to droop and there was still blood oozing out of her wound.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm good. Come over here so I can untie you."

I knew she was lying about how she was feeling but I decided not to argue against her. Shuffling towards her, I sat with my back facing hers.

Katana began to pull on my rope knots. "You know I really used to hate you."

"I know you told me," I grumbled.

"Yeah but it was deeper than that. You know when you want something you can't have and you're still bound to old desires."

"Yeah, I get you like when you're choosing between buying KFC and McDonald's but you have McDonald's vouchers."

"I guess you could say that but I'm talking about how I kind of had a- you know what, forget it. You need to go."

The rope was loose. Massaging my wrists, I stood and turned around to look at Katana.

"What? I'm not leaving without you."

"There's literally a bus stop around the back of this shit hole. The bus goes straight back to GPK," explained Katana.

"Why do you want to stay so bad?"

"I need to get my other gun and finish ZK off."

"This is stupidity. We can come back another-"

The guy guarding the door bursts in. "Oi, what are you bitches tryna do?"

I noticed the barrel of Katana's second gun in her bra; she was clever enough to hide it where the 19th boys would last look for a gun. Mumbling a rushed apology, I grabbed it from her cleavage and released the safety catch.