46 - The Last Supper

Saturday 30th July, 21:09
Chardonnay's POV

Why did Jasiah want me to go out tonight with him? Was he all of a sudden no longer capable of meeting business partners by himself? I strutted out of my flat block in my clear heels as he rang the buzzer. Jasiah captured his bottom lip with his pearly white teeth as he held the door open for me, staring at me in awe. I shifted uncomfortably in my black, satin mini dress. Maybe it was a bad idea to choose a strapless dress since he refused to take his eyes off me. The door of my flat slammed shut behind us.

Licking his lips, Jasiah smirked, "Mmm, you look good you know. Your hair looks cute too."

He twirled one of my loose curls in his forefinger.

"Thank you, you don't look so bad yourself," I replied shyly.

"Thanks, I appreciate it."

I cast occasional glances at him as we walked to his car. I would've never expected Jasiah to look so effortlessly smart in just tailored trousers and a black shirt with a few buttons undone. His pinky ring, diamond earrings and gold chain really put the outfit together. There's just something about men and jewellery...

"Am I that good looking Chardonnay?" questioned Jasiah, taking out his car keys.

"Who said you were good looking?" I retorted cheekily.

Smirking, he grabbed me by the elbow and pushed me against the car door. Jasiah placed one of his hands on the car door next to me whilst his other hand lightly cupped my chin, making me look at him. The overpowering smell of his signature Creed scent made me tremble at my knees, just like the night I first met him at the apartment party.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me I'm not good looking, Chardonnay."

The level of self-confidence and his ability to smoothly talk his way out of any situation was really something. At a loss for words, I glanced away.

"I thought so," chuckled Jasiah, opening my car door for me.

I shook my head whilst I sat down. He walked around to the driver's side and turned the ignition key, slamming his door shut. Jasiah gave me a smug look before pulling out of the car park.

For the next twenty minutes, he drove in silence whilst casting a glance at me every so often.

Stopping at a red light, Jasiah began, "Just to let you know, Katana just explained everything to me whilst I was on the way to you."

"Oh really? D-do you think I'm to blame for Katana getting shot and Daisy dying?" I questioned anxiously.

"No, not really because shit but out of interest, who do you think stole your money at the block party?"

"I feel like it was someone I know. It obviously wasn't you so maybe it was Jordan but then he wouldn't do me dirty like that."

Jasiah pressed the accelerator. "So who do you think it was?"

"It's a bit of a stretch but Bailey. I feel like Katana would've set me up so I could get real experience of being a runner and dealing with the unexpected."

A faint smile tugged at his lips. Jasiah pulled out fifty pounds from his pocket.

"You put time in to hustle but didn't get paid so it's only right I give you this."

I took the money. "That's fine but do I get to keep this? Isn't this your own money?"

"Yeah but you were the one doing illegal activities to earn it after all."

I could feel Jasiah side-eyeing me but I looked forward, as if I couldn't feel him burning a hole into the side of my face with disapproval.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●