26 - Queen of Drunkards

Saturday 9th July, 00:00
Jasiah's POV

Eva and Chardonnay were stumbling while Kehlani and Yasmin were trying to rush away. Sullenly, Katana walked to my car and Yaz walked to Grimz's car with her head down. I guess Yaz wasn't ready for me to lecture her about smoking otherwise she would've probably slept over with Kehlani. Luckily, Eva's parents are very fond of Yasmin.

"Katana, you're moving like a little irresponsible child. How could you let Chardonnay and Eva get drunk?"

She rolled her eyes, slamming the car door as she slid into the backseat. Shaking my head, I peered out of the window again. For some reason, Kehlani was hiding behind a tree as if I couldn't clearly see her.

"Kehlani are you good? I can still see you. You've got some shit hiding skills," I sighed.

Sulking, she stepped out from behind the tree.

"I wasn't hiding. If I can't see you then I can't see you looking at me," explained Kehlani.

"What? I'm too fried for your nonsense, just get in."

"Wait, is that Jayda in Grimz's car?"

"Yes but you can talk to her tomorrow."

"Why though? She's right there."

I lifted my eyes from the steering wheel and glared at Kehlani. I swear down, tonight she's actually dying for me to shout at her.

Kehlani kissed her teeth. "Okay, okay. I'm coming."

She slid into the back next to Katana and whispered something into her ear. I watched Katana's lips curve into a smile as Kehlani shut the car door. Meanwhile, Grimz was hopelessly trying to make his sister follow him back into the car. Eva was dancing with Chardonnay further down the road. I guess it was up to me to drag Chardonnay into my car. Her drunk self wouldn't be able to manage a taxi ride home. Groaning, I jumped out of my car and sauntered towards her.

"Evangeline Baker, get inside the car now or I'll drag you myself!" barked Grimz.

Giggling, Eva replied, "No way, I dance because... Chardonnay beat Anna to prom queen."

Chardonnay won prom queen? Say swear? I glanced at her long, flowing dress and the glistening crown on her head. She really looked like an angel.

Yanking her by the arm, Grimz hissed, "I'm telling your marj that you smoked weed at Jasiah's AP as well when I drop you off."

Eva stared at me accusingly as Grimz pushed her car door shut. I shrugged back as if I had no idea. Waving, I watched them speed away in the direction of Walthamstow.

I turned around and noticed Chardonnay was still dancing in and out of the row of trees like a lunatic. The long branches of the trees swayed in time with her. The bottom of her soft, white ballgown rippled in the wind.

"Chardonnay, can you get in the car. Please?" I asked.

Chardonnay shook her head. "I'm the prom queen. I'm the prom queeeen!"

"Okay prom queen, get in thy humble carriage before I put you in myself."

"Y-you'll be beheaded for treason. How dare-"

Impatient, I grabbed her by the waist and threw her over my shoulder as I walked back to the car. Surprisingly, Chardonnay was easy to carry despite being drunk and she didn't squirm around too much.

"Unhand me at once you peasant!"

"Peasant you know, are you mad?" I said, kissing my teeth.

I opened the passenger door and slowly lowered her into the seat then strapped her in. Sighing, I closed her door and jumped into my seat. I turned the ignition key, firing up the dashboard. Gazing into the mirror, I saw Kehlani sleeping on Katana's shoulder. She shouldn't be sleeping so peacefully for someone that was ignoring my calls all day and sending me to go buy tampons so she could elope with Chardonnay and her friends to prom. Honestly I should actually slap this girl back to Jamaica but she's my only sister and I'd never dream of putting my hands on her. Still though, Kehlani needs to know she can't just be gallivanting around the streets of London without telling me. She could've died or gotten kidnapped, God forbid.

"Fam, I need a zoot after this," I muttered to myself as I began to drive back to Tottenham.

The craziest part is that responsible Katana, who was the CEO of seriousness, allowed all of this to happen. There must be a good reason as to why she did. Well I hope so because there's going to be a lot of explaining to do tomorrow morning.

- Life is like a dance, no matter what you have to keep moving

There's something about a guy being able to lift you up and carry you, whether it's fireman's lift or bridal style but how is Jasiah going to deal with Chardonnay being drunk in his house? And will Jasiah let her go free from working for him? Don't forget to vote - Jaymunni