[ 002 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ a new day; part two ]

━━━━━━━━━━

Kassidy stayed with her family while the others stuck to themselves. She kissed her brother's forehead, "I'm going to hang out with Clem, Duck."

He just nodded with a smile, "Love ya, Kass."

She smiled back at him, "Love ya too, little bro." Kassidy sat with Clem just talking about random little things until Lee came up to them.

"Have you two heard back from Glenn yet?" He asked.

They both shook their heads just as Clem's walkie goes off, hearing Glenn's voice on the other side, "Hey, little girl, can you please put your daddy on the walkie, please?"

Lee took the radio from their hands, "This is Lee. What's up?"

"I'm trapped down here in the motel. I was trying to get gas but some of them showed up and now I'm stuck," Glenn explained.

"Don't worry, we're gonna send some people over there to help you get out of there."

"Okay, great. Please hurry."

Kenny walked up to them, asking, "So what's the situation?"

"Glenn's down at the motel, he found some gas and he's trapped," Lee explained.

"Well, shit. Let's get some people to head down there to save him," Kenny said.

"I can come with you," Carley offered.

"Alright, let's head out."

As they start to walk out the back door, Clementine and Kassidy walked up to them, saying, "Be careful."

"I'm supposed to tell you that," Lee chuckled.

━━━━━━━━━━

About an hour or so later, Clem and Kassidy look over to see that they were back.

Kassidy followed Kenny as he spoke, "So I'm guessing it went well."

"Yea we got some gas for your truck in the trunk of my car," Glenn nodded.

"Great job, the sooner we get out of this place, the better."

"And don't forget, we still need to get my dad his pills," Lilly retorts.

"Right. What she said."

"So how has everything been since we left?" asked Lee.

"Well our 'friend' over there is in and out of it, and we still need to find the keys to that back office," Kenny replied.

"Okay then."

Kassidy and Kenny walked away to their family. "Hey, Mom, how's Duck doing?" she asked.

"He's fine, love. Just a little shaken up."

Kassidy nodded with a soft smile. "That's good then!" she clapped then turned towards Kenny "Hey, Dad?" she asked.