[ 020 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ no time left; part one ]

━━━━━━━━━━

Kassidy ran and ran to the house. Avoiding walkers and going over fences, through backyards and eventually, she made it back to the familiar alleyway and saw Kenny, Lee, Ben, Christa, and Omid standing outside of the shed- the empty shed.

Kass began to cry, stumbling over to them. Kenny was the first one to notice. He pushed through Lee and Omid and ran towards his daughter. "Daddy!" she sobbed.

"Kassidy! Oh, thank Christ you're okay!" he exclaimed, embracing her into a tight hug. She sobbed into his shoulder, holding onto him for life. "It's alright. You're safe now, darlin'. Now listen, Where's Clementine? Did that guy on the radio hurt you two?" Kenny asked, concerned.

Kass shook her head in response, "He took us to this sedan and it's the same one we took the supplies from, after the St John's Dairy farm. He told us to get in it, but I managed to get away... He still has Clementine though."

Lee and Kenny both looked at each other, sharing shocked expressions.

"Did he say where he was gonna take you guys?" Omid asked.

"No, but I think I know where they're going," Kassidy responded.

"Omid, can you go over the fence and let us in the backyard? We shouldn't be out here in the open like this," Christa asked.

"Yeah, sure," Omid said as he went to go open the other side of the shed.

That's when Kass looked down, finally noticing Lee's arm... It had been chopped off. She couldn't believe it, "Lee," she started slowly. "Where's your arm?"

He turned to face her, a solemn expression on his face, "I got bit..."

Kass felt like her heart and stomach had been torn out, she wanted to burst into tears, but she couldn't. "W-what?! How long ago?"

"It was when we found out Clementine and you were taken," he responded.

"So what's our plan now?" Kass asked.

"We get out of here. We find somewhere away from cities. A farm or ranch in the country side. Away from people."

"That actually seems like a good idea," Ben agreed.

Kenny glared at him and scoffed, "Nobody asked you."

"You just did!" Ben defended himself.

"Don't get fucking smart with me."

"Chill," Christa tried.

"Do you remember we had a boat?" Kenny snapped. "A boat?"

"Get over it!" Ben exclaimed.

Lee sighed, "Everyone keep it together! Nothing has changed, has it?"

"Um-" Kassidy was cut off by her father arguing, "Nothing has changed!?!?"

"I mean immediately. We stay the course. And don't turn on each other!"

Kass nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, chill out Kenny," Ben spoke again.

"Ben," the teen girl groaned, a scowl etched onto her features.

Omid opened the shed door from the other side. "We can do this in the yard,"
Christa sighed.

"I swear to God, Ben," Kenny hissed, scowling.

Kass followed Omid, Kenny, and Ben into the yard. Lee and Christa close behind. "Both of you, shut up!" Kass snarled, annoyed.

Kenny ignored her, jabbing a finger into Ben's chest, "Where the hell do you get off?"

"What?" Ben scoffed as he stopped walking in the yard. "I was just saying, we all need to chill!"

Kass walked up beside Omid and sighed, "They're really getting on my nerves."

"Me too, kiddo," he responded, shaking his head.

"Chill?" Kenny stood in front of him, scoffing. "Chill? Lee's bitten and God knows how long he has left, Clementine is who the fuck knows, I have to worried about my daughter, and we're robbed of the only hope we've had!"

"Dad!" Kassidy warned, glaring up at her father.

"So?" Ben argued.

Kenny looked Ben up and down with a scowl, "Lee and Kassidy should have left your ass in Crawford! We've got enough problems."

"Fuck you, Kenny!"

"Whoa," Lee took a step toward them, trying to ease the tension, "Ben-"

"No," Christa grabbed his arm. "Let him."

"I am so, so, so sorry about Katjaa and Duck, you too, Kass," Ben apologized. "I really am. And I know I fucked up, but stop pushing me around and stop wishing I was dead!"

Kenny was about to snap back, but Ben cut him off.

"No! You got to see how they died! You said goodbye! I'll never know! I never got to see my family, my parents, my little sister... do you get that? Your family is gone, but at least you had them to lose! And you still have Kassidy! I never made it home. They could be dead, or alive, or walkers, or worse and I don't know! So give me a fucking break!"

Kenny looked at Ben and shook his head softly, "Aw, Ben, I'm-" he got cut off by the sounds of walkers growling and moaning.

"Oh, shit! Here they come!" Christa exclaimed.

"In the house!" Omid yelled and everyone ran inside behind him.