[ 029 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ a house divided; part one ]

━━━━━━━━━━

Nick and Kassidy continued to run from the walkers after everything that had happened down at the river.

From the men that attacked them in the woods, to what happened to Pete– her week had been off to a rough start. What scared Kassidy even more was that Clementine was with Pete and if they got trapped... She didn't even wanna think about what would happen.

Nick and Kass found a shack in the woods and quickly hid inside. However, the walkers began pounding on the door, so close to breaking in. Nick looked down at Kass, not knowing what to do next.

"Find something to barricade the door with! Hurry!" she snapped.

Nick walked off to somewhere in the shed, so Kassidy assumed he wasn't being of help. She huffed, "Nick, quit fucking around and find-"

The doors almost burst open a few times– Kass was struggling to keep the door closed. She thought it was gonna be the end when Nick came back with a heavy crate and blocked the door. That had been enough to stop the walkers from coming through. Kassidy slid to the floor, panting to catch her breath.

Nick walked over to a nearby chair and sat on it. Kass stood up, snapping, "Are you crazy?! You almost got us killed!"

Nick shook his head, slumping, "Doesn't surprise me at this point. I always find some way to fuck everything up."

Kass was going to say something, but ultimately decided against it. Arguing wouldn't solve anything in their current situation. So she sat back down silently for a minute until Nick spoke up, "Why did you leave my uncle like that? Back at the stream. Why'd you follow me?"

He must've not seen Pete's leg, so she chose not to say anything about it, instead, she answered, "I chose to go with you. So that left Clem to help Pete. Besides, you had more walkers on you. And, you've grown on me, even if you can be an ass."

Nick stared at the young teen curiously before looking away, "Well, that was dumb."

"Well, you're dumb," Kass grumbled, looking around the shed, "What do we do now?"

"I don't care," he sighed.

"If we're stuck here, we should at least look around. We might as well look around and see if there's something in here to help us."

"Knock yourself out."

"It's worth a shot," Kass quipped.

He didn't say anything else so Kassidy began to look around. She noticed a still, 'Is this an alcohol shack?' She went over to it, examining it closely.