[ 042 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ amid the ruins; part four ]

━━━━━━━━━━

"You're tellin' me your arms ain't tired?" Bonnie asked Mike as the three of them finally made it back to the park. 

"Nope. I can do this all day," Mike bragged and Kassidy rolled her eyes before they heard a scream.

They ran to see Rebecca sitting on a bench, holding her stomach. Kenny was kneeling down next to her with Clem and Ollie standing by. "Shit, shit. Oh, God..." she muttered. 

"Breathe like I told you," Kenny instructed her calmly. 

"Okay, okay, okay...oh God," Rebecca panicked as she breathed in and out.

Sarah looked over to see a herd of walkers coming and began to panic, "Oh no... Ollie...Clem, Kass.."

"Shit! Walkers!" Bonnie exclaimed. 

"How'd they get that close without anyone seeing 'em? Where the hell's Luke?" Mike asked, frustrated.

"Kenny! We've gotta do something!" Clem exclaimed, turning to face Kenny.

"You just keep that baby safe," he said firmly as he stood and made his way  over to the oncoming walkers. 

"Kenny?" Clementine questioned with worry, while Kassidy voiced out, "Dad?" 

"We can't stay here!" Bonnie exclaimed after him.

"Clementine, Oliver! Where's the place you and Jane found?" Rebecca asked them. 

"I'll show you!" Clem answered in a hurry. 

"Good. Someone help me up," Rebecca instructed as Kass turned to Mike. "Mike! The water!" Mike nodded, running off as Bonnie helped Rebecca on her feet.

"Ollie, can you help out my dad?" Kass questioned, to which he responded by running out to help him.

Meanwhile, Sarah just stood there and stared at the walkers. "Sarah! Let's go!" Bonnie yelled at her, causing her to run toward Kass.

Kenny immediately started beating down a  single walker with a crowbar and Ollie... He was going ballistic on the walkers! Excessively slamming his knife into them.

"Girls, I...I don't think they're okay...they're losin' it," Bonnie worried. 

"He's... They're doing it to protect us," Kass snapped as they passed the archway Clem was leading them to. "Sure, but..." Bonnie started to say, but cut herself off, continuing to run.

"Oliver! Kenny!" Mike exclaimed as Kenny and Ollie stopped the brutal beating and ran toward the rest of them. They booked it to a large two story building as walkers poured out of the woods.

Kass, Clem and Ollie ran up the stairs, looking around for Jane or Luke. "...That's about as human as I've felt in a long time. I almost forgot what–" Luke started to say until he looked over, seeing Clem and the other two. "Kids!" He exclaimed as him and Jane both sat on the floor next to each other.

"What's going on?" Clem asked them, suspiciously. 

"Luke! What the hell man?" Ollie scolded with a disgusted look.

"Well, uh...I mean..." Luke stammered until the others started to pile in. 

"In here. Let's get you comfortable," Bonnie said as she ushered Rebecca in. 

Kenny walked in, immediately glaring at Jane and Luke. "What the fuck are you two doing up here?" He asked them, angrily.

"Kenny! What's going on?" Luke asked, nervously as he and Jane hurried to stand up.