[ 017 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ around every corner; part four ]

━━━━━━━━━━

"Looks clear from up here," Molly confirmed as they looked down in the alleyway that lead back to the house. They climbed down and a walker came out from behind the corner, making it's dead way toward them. She pulled out her gun and aimed it at the walker, quickly shooting it.

"Huh. Nice aim, kid," Molly praised in surprise.

"Thanks. My dad taught me. Wouldn't have learned without him," Kassidy said, grinning at Molly, not noticing her father's proud expression.

Molly peered her head out the alley way and looked left and right down the street. She said it was clear and when they peeked around the corner, they saw the house up ahead. "Is that it?" Molly asked.

"Yep, that's the place," Kenny responded, nodding his head.

"I don't think I've checked this house yet. Do you mind if I have a look around?" she asked.

"We've already checked the place. It's picked clean." 

"You'd be surprised at how much people do to hide valuables. The same thing comes to survival. You might find something behind or inside a wall," Molly retorted. They got to the gate and made their way back to the back door, walking back inside the house. When they entered, they saw Christa get up from her chair and ran to them.

"Clementine! Kassidy!" Christa exclaimed. "We couldn't find you! Don't sneak off like that!"

"Who're you?" Ben looked at Molly, who scratched her neck awkwardly.

"Um... Molly."

"She's cool," Clem said, as Kass glanced over at Omid. "She helped us escape."

"Where is Lee?" Christa asked, turning her attention back to Kenny.

"We got surrounded by walkers and Lee got pinned down in an alleyway. So he climbed into a manhole to the sewers. She saved us," he answered, pointing to Molly.

"Ah, shit! Okay. From now on, no one else leaves this house until Lee gets back. That includes you two," Christa ordered the girls before walking back to Ben and Omid.

"What a charming lady," Molly quipped sarcastically.

"Alright, I'm gonna have a word with Christa. Molly, you can look around the house all you like. Kassidy and Clementine, stay in the house," Kenny ordered, making his way over to Christa.

"Okay, I'll guess I'll look around," Molly concluded as she walked over to the dining room.

"So what should we do now?" Kass asked.

"We haven't checked the shed yet have we?" Clem questioned.

"No, we haven't," Kass responded, shaking her head with a shrug of her shoulders.

"There might be something in there we can use. Like a boat maybe."

"I don't think there would be a boat in a shed," Kassidy scoffed, snorting in amusement.

"Why wouldn't there be? We've gotta at least try, right?" 

"Right, but my dad said to stay put."

"We're just gonna be in the backyard. We'll be fine. Plus you have a gun too!" Clem pleaded. "Ooo! Distract them while I check the shed. I'll be quick, like Molly does," the little girl sounded too excited to be doing something for Kass to say no.