[ 006 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ starved for help; part four ]

━━━━━━━━━━

Katjaa was in the dining room of St. John's house, setting the table for everyone to eat. The house was very nice, but the hallway that lead to the living room and kitchen was blocked off. Brenda told them that they had to block it off, due to walkers getting in through there and it was a mess and smelled so bad. She set down the last plate when she heard the front door open and Lee, Kassidy, and Andy walk in.

"Alright mama, what's for dinner tonight?" Andy asked as he sat down.

"My very special remedy that you and your brother love," she responded.

Larry sniffed the food and turned to Brenda and said, "Well a beautiful woman can cook a beautiful meal."

Kassidy rolled her eyes in disgust.

"Oh, that's very sweet of you Larry," Brenda says.

"Where's Mark?" Lee asked.

"Oh, he's fine. I brought him up some food. He needs to rest."

"I'm gonna use the bathroom if that's okay," Lee spoke.

"It's just across the hall," Danny sakd as Lee goes to the bathroom.

A few minutes later Lee came running down the steps, shouting, "Don't eat that!" it startled Clementine and Kassidy, they both placed their forks on the table as everyone stopped eating and looked over at Lee.

"Lee, Jesus, man! Did you find something?" Kenny asked as Larry glared at Lee.

"Sit your ass down, Lee. This lady made you a meal!" He snapped as Brenda looked at him in appreciation.

"Yeah, Lee. What's gotten into you?" Lilly added as Lee looked around the table and glares at the meat.

"You're eating human meat!" He snapped as they looked down at the meat with wide eyes, shocked by the news. 

"That's crazy," Lilly scoffed, glaring at Lee. 

"What the hell?!" Kenny says in bewilderment and looks back at Lee. "You're scaring the kids, Lee," he added as Lee crossed his arms.

"Don't believe me? Then go upstairs and look! You'll find a man with both of his legs hacked off!" Lee spat as everyone looks at him in shock. "This is a dairy, not a ranch. Think about it!" Everyone started to think about what Lee said for a moment.

"Are you okay, Kass?" Kenny asked with concern in his voice as Kassidy looked up at him.

"Not really," she replied quietly, looking back up to notice her mom snatch Duck's plate away from him.

"Mom! I was eating that!"

"What the hell is going on?" Lilly asked.

"Everything could have worked out fine with you folks," Danny started.

Andy nodded. "He would've died anyway! We got to think about livin'!"

"Settle down, honey," Brenda said. "Growing up in rural Georgia, you're taught not to waste. It's how I was raised, and it's how I raised my boys. Now, you've got monsters roaming around, eating people, and for what? Just rot until they eat some more. We think we can put that meat to better use."

Lilly pushed her plate away. "Ugh, I'm going to puke."

"You're all sick," Lee snapped. "Sick in the head."