[ 044 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ no going back; part one ]

━━━━━━━━━━

Kass fell face forward onto the snowy ground as everyone began to fire at each other. She looked up and saw Arvo hovering over his sister, trying to revive her. "Shit. I'm hit! I'm hit!" she heard Mike shout as he held his left arm, diving for cover.

"Kids!" Luke exclaimed as he fired, ducking behind a stone wall.

"Fuck you! You started this shit!" Kenny snarled as he and Kassidy hid behind a tree, firing at Arvo's group.

Amidst all the chaos, Rebecca's baby laid in the middle of the trail, wailing. Clem and Kass looked at each other. 

"Clem, get the baby! Me and Dad will cover you!" the latter called out.

As she said that, they both shot towards the Russian and I ran to the baby and took him to the stone wall by Luke and Oliver.

"Holy shit. I didn't even see him out there!" Luke exclaimed in shock as he looked over at Clem. "Good work, Clem," ge said as he stood up, about to fire, but had to duck before the bullet could hit him. "Shit. Okay...okay, we gotta do somethin' y'all. We're pinned down here. We can't just...sit here and let this guy take potshots at us til he runs outta ammo."

"So quit talking about it and do it!!" Clem snapped at him, frustrated. 

"Clem!" Oliver scolded.

"Yeah...yeah, all right," Luke muttered.

"This don't have to get any worse than it already is! You can just go!" Kenny snarled at the Russians, but they still continued to fire One of them shouted at Kenny and Kassidy in Russian. "English, motherfucker!" Kenny spat.

"I kill every one of you!" the man said, firing his gun again.

Kassidy scoffed and yelled as she shot at him, "Yeah, that's likely!"

"If I can just get over to that side of the wall, I could maybe get an angle on this guy. Cover me, all right?" Luke asked, looking at Clem. 

"Yeah, okay," she said, nodding.

"Good. Good," Luke nodded. "I just need the distraction. Okay? All right, on my go." He looked over the top, "Go!" He ran while Oliver and Clem pulled out their guns, standing and shooting at the men as Luke ran back over, but not before a bullet could hit him in the leg.

"Shit! Luke!" Oliver exclaimed in fear. "Fucking bastards!" he yelled and shot at the Russian men.

"Luke! No!" Bonnie screamed as one Russian took aim to shoot him, but Kassidy shot him in the head before he could even think about pulling the trigger.

Luke dragged himself next to Clem as she ducked back down behind cover.

"Luke! I'm sorry!" Clem fearfully exclaimed. 

"It ain't your fault," Luke said as he inspected his leg. "Well, he got me in the leg, but...I think...I think it went straight through...shit, I don't know. I'm gonna be fine...I think I'm gonna be fine."

"You are gonna be fine! Just one bullet that went through! You're gonna be fucking fine!" Oliver snapped.

Kenny looked over at Arvo, who was still crying over his sister's body. The father looked down at Kassidy, who was reloading her gun.

"Keep me covered!"

Kassidy widened her eyes, "What? Why?!"

"Just do it!" he ordered his daughter.