[ 047 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ no going back; part four ]

━━━━━━━━━━

The next day, the group was walking when Mike turned to Luke and Oliver. "You sure you're good?" He asked. 

"I'm fine," Ollie answered, glancing at Luke.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good. If I start to crap out. I'll let you know," Luke said as he limped as fast as he could. 

"Okay, well, you do that. It's no trouble," Mike informed him.

Kassidy turned toward Luke, asking, "Hey Luke, want me to carry one of your weapons? So you don't have too much weight on you?"

Luke smiled at the teen girl, "Yes, actually. Can you hold on to my machete for a bit?"

"Yeah, sure," she replied.

"Lucky," Ollie muttered with a tiny smirk.

They stopped for a moment, and Luke grabbed his machete and its holster, handing it to Kassidy, who attached it to her back.

"How much further?" Kenny asked Arvo. 

"Close. Very close," Arvo answered.

"You've been sayin' that every time I ask," Kenny grumbled, anger rising in his voice. 

"Please. Come," Arvo said as he kept his pace, walking ahead. 

"I'm really startin' to think... you're full of shit," Kenny snapped as a walker came up behind him. 

"Behind you!" Kassidy immediately warned, the man turning around.

"What the fuck...!" He exclaimed just as the walker came up behind him. Kenny exclaimed as he fell backward with the walker on top of him. 

"Shit, Kenny!" Ollie exclaimed with wide eyes.

"Kenny!" Bonnie exclaimed as Kassidy ran to Kenny and immediately shot the walker in the head. 

"Holy shit!" Kenny exclaimed as he shoved the walker off of him. 

"That was close," Mike breathed out as Kenny stood up. 

"Fucker came outta nowhere!" he huffed out. 

"That was real loud. Hopefully there aren't more of 'em," Bonnie said, looking around the treeline. 

"Yeah, well, let's move. We don't want to be around to find out," Jane quipped. 

"Is very close. Come," Arvo informed Kenny. "There," je said as he gestured toward a large house that looked like it was half built and it was on the other side of a frozen lake. 

"That piece of shit? It's half built," Kenny snapped at him in disbelief. 

"We're here for the supplies. Not the house," Jane told Kenny. 

"Is warm. Fireplace. Very warm," Arvo tried to assure. 

"I'd just like a place to sit if I'm honest," Luke said as he walked up beside Kassidy.

"Tell me about it. My fucking side is sick of moving," Ollie muttered, looking around. He saw a flash of a person as he looked. What the fuck!? He whipped back around to see... Nothing. He could've sworn he saw Nick. But... He was gone, it wan't possible...

"Is there any other way to get there? Do we have to cross the lake?" Clem questioned, breaking Oliver out of his thoughts.

"We should've stuck to the treeline," Jane muttered.