[ 023 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ no time left; part four ]

━━━━━━━━━━

"Kass-" Kassidy covered Clem's mouth as she looked around. The walkers seemed unfazed of the situation at hand. She looked at Clem, silently telling her they had to be quiet.

The small girl began to tear up, causing Kassidy to grip her hand as she looked around, trying to find a place for safety. Her eyes landed on a jewelry store that had heavy metal doors, it was open a crack– just enough to shove themselves under.

"Clementine," she whispered. "That store, we get in with Lee and shut it."

The little girl grabbed one of Lee's arm as Kass grabbed the opposite one. The two started to slowly drag his body to the store. His face was pale, none of his original, healthy dark color showing. Kass doubted be would make it... No. He cut it off. He'd survive.

Once the two got him inside, Kass spoke up, "I'll shut and lock the door, you try waking him up."

"Lee?" Clem's voice was so small and helpless, it made Kassidy's resolve crumble even more. She finally managed to get the door shut, locking them in. "Lee. Please. Wake up," she continued, having Kass help shake him. "Lee. Please! Don't be dead..."

Soon his dark eyes opened, spotting the two girls.

"Lee!" Kassidy exclaimed, stifling a sob. "We were so scared. I thought you left us, too..."

"I saw my parents..." Clem chimed in, pain sounding in her voice.

"I know. Did they get to you?" His voice was dry and shallow, weak.

"No. We got away. They're dead for sure."

"Clementine, Kassidy, we got to get out of here as fast as we can," he rushed, causing the girls to shake their heads.

"We can't, they're thousands of them outside!" Clem argued, making small gestures.

"We have to. I'll protect you guys; we'll push through them," Lee said and Clem shook her head.

Kass shook her head angrily, "No!" She snspped. "We got you to safety and I made sure we're safe here! We're locked in."

Lee's tired eyes widened at the news, causing him to try and stand. "Get that door open."

"We can't."

"Get it open!" He shouted back, startling Kass. Clemintine moved from her spot, trying to open the door.

"It was open a little bit when we found it," Kassidy mentioned. "I closed it to keep us from the walkers."

"Pull on three. One. Two. Three-" All three of them began to try to get the door open. Suddenly they stopped, all tired out with their efforts.

"See? Kass locked us in," Clem told him. "We shouldn't be worrying, you're not one of them."

"Kassidy...Clementine. You know I cut it off to see if the bite would effect me."

"We know," Clem replied.

"But...it didn't work. I'm turning."

Clementine began to cry as she shook her head. "Please, no. No. That's not true!"

Kass cut in, "I've been with you for most of this! I know you're okay."

"It is true." Kassidy let it hit her, all the pain in her head started to worsen and her stomach felt like she needed to hurl. "You guys can't be upset right now."