[ 007 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ starved for help; part five ]

━━━━━━━━━━

"God help us..." Kenny muttered quietly. The two men looked down at Larry's corpse as Lilly cried on his chest. "I'm sorry. I know it-" Kenny started, filled with remorse as Lilly looked up at him.

Kassidy glanced back at Larry before puking again, "Oh, god..."

"Don't you fucking touch me!" Lilly spat at Kenny as Lee turned back to Clem and Kass, Lee crouched down as Clem turned back to him.

"Clem... Kassidy... you okay?" Lee ask edas Clementine wiped her eyes.

"Why, Lee?" Clem questioned, her voice sounding broken as Lee sighed and looked at the two of us.

"We couldn't take the chance, I'm sorry," Lee said, pulling a whimpering Clem into a comforting hug. "Hey... Shh, it's okay. It's okay..." Lee hushes in a comforting tone. "Shh... I know, I know. But you gotta be strong right now. I need you to be strong. Think about something else... something hopeful."

"Like what?" Clem asked as she held her hands close to her face, whimpering a bit. "Someplace safe, without the monsters," Lee said as Clem thought about it for a moment before nodding her head at him. 

"We're gonna get out of here, right? You found a way out?" Kass asked, worriedly as Lee stood back up.

"Not yet, but I'm looking," he assured, turning around. Clementine looked down at Larry's destroyed head, starting to whimper again.

Kass looked back and noticed Lee and Kenny taking the air vent off the wall, placing it on the floor. "There's our way out, Lee. It'll probably lead to that door," Kenny said as they looked up at the air duct.

"I can do it," Clementine chimed in confidently as the two men looked back at her.

Lee walked over to Clem and crouched down to her level, "You don't have to."

"Yeah, I know," Clem replied, frowning. "I just want to go home."

"Thank you, Clem," Kenny said gratefully as Lee gave her a boost up to the air duct.

"Okay, come on," Lee lifted Clem into the shaft. "You be careful."

"What do I do when I get to the other side?" Clem asked.

"Try open that door," Kenny said. "As fast as possible. But don't be seen."

"Okay," Clem sighed, starting to crawl through the duct as every time her hands or knees landed on the metal floor, the loud thud echoed through the inner walls before they heard a gasp, making Lee, Kenny, and Kass worry for her.

Just then, they heard movement by the door and it opened slowly, Clementine stepping inside, making everyone sigh in relief. "You okay?" Lee asks concerned. "Yes, but Danny's outside," she warned as Lee and Kenny looked at each other. Before they left the room, Lee stopped walking and turned back to Clementine.

"Were you spotted?" Lee asked instantly.

Clem shook her head. "But there's a man outside."

"Lilly," Lee walked over to her. "We've got to go."

Kenny watched Danny at the entrance of the barn. Kenny turned back to Lee. "Lee, I can see him."

Lee turned back to Lilly. "It's not safe in here-"

"For god's sake, Lee!" She yelled. "I didn't even get to say goodbye!"

"Come here!" Kenny hissed. "I've got an idea!"

"Stay here," Lee said to Kass and Clem. "Take care of Lilly."

"We will," Clem said.

"No, but I wanna go with y'all! " Kass exclaimed, worry in her eyes.

Lee sighed, "Don't worry, Kass, I'll protect your dad. Not that he needs it," he grinned as the two girls nodded, watching they men leave.

Lilly was still crouched by her father's corpse. Kass didn't want to look at it. His jaw was still here, everything else splattered along the ground.

A gunshot went off.

"Should we go see if they're okay?" Kass asked. "What if they were shot?"

Clem whimpered.

"Fine," Lilly stood up, and looked down at her father's body. "Goodbye... dad."

As they stepped out, the first thing they noticed was the bloody tub, tools, and the table and jars filled with many organs. They made their way out of the locker, and out into the barn, to find Lee, standing over Danny, who was covered in his own blood, foot in a bear trap, grinning up at Lee, who was holding a rake up to him.

"Where's my family, asshole?!" Kenny exclaimed as Danny clutched his leg in pain. "You can't have her! We need the vet!" Danny snapped before they heard a scream coming from the house.

"Kat!!" Kenny shouted, turning back to Lee. "Lee, c'mon!"

"Just go. I won't be far behind," Lee ordered and glared at Danny as Dad ran outside, leaving Lee and Danny. Lee shoved the pitchfork toward him and held it mere inches away from his neck, he hesitates for a moment before he impales some hay next to him.

"No!" Lee stabbed the rake into the hay beside Danny. "I won't kill you! This isn't how the world works now!"

"Fuck you, Lee!" Lilly said, as she picked up Danny's fallen rifle. "You murdered my father, but let this piece of shit live?"

Lee was silent for a moment. "Keep these two save, Lilly, please. I'll go look for Kenny."

She didn't say anything as Lee ran outside. Lilly looked down at Danny and pointed her rifle at his face, making Danny cower in fear.

"No, please! Your friend spared me! Please don't kill me!!" Danny begged as Lilly merely glares at him. "He's not my friend..." Lilly muttered, pointing the gun closer to his face. "And I don't agree with his decision," Lilly said, emotionless, as she turned back to the girls, noticing their faces of horror and disgust. Lilly sighed in defeat before she kicked Danny in the face, knocking him out.

Clem looked at Lilly in fright as she sighed and walked out of the barn, not even looking at them. Kass and Clem followed Lilly outside, stopped when they saw Andy pushing Lee by his face, it was mere inches from the electric fence. Lee looked up and noticed the three of them by the barn and struggled to push back.

"Lilly! Help!" Lee cried out, but Lilly looked down at the ground, sighing.

Kass wasn't having any of it so she snatched the gun that was used to shoot her father and aimed at Andy, firing the gun without thinking, the bullet hitting Andy in the chest from afar. The group looked at Kassidy in shock, especially her parents, as she stared down at the gun, "I-I killed him..." she stifled a sob, stumbling back as Andy fell to the ground.

The generator powered off.

"They're getting in!" Clem pointed to the large group of walkers who were stumbling over the fence.

"Let's go," Lee said, walking through the group and out the front gates.

They followed him, and made their way back to the motel. Leaving the St John's family bloody, bruised, and dead, walkers closing in on all sides.