[ 008 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ starved for help; part six ]

━━━━━━━━━━

The group walked through the forest on their way back to the motor inn, the mood was silent as Kassidy looked up from the ground, noticing the scared and worried glances of the group.

"Kass, are you okay?" Clem asked as she walked beside Kassidy, snapping the older girl out of her trance.

"I'm... Okay, Clem. Are you okay?" She asked as the two carried on walking.

"Yeah, I'm okay..." Clem replied.

Kassidy looked over at her dad, who was already looking at her. "Are you gonna be alright, Dad?"

He seemed nervous at the thought of getting caught staring. He just wanted to know if she was alright, although he supposed he didn't need to stare so intensely at her to do it. "I'll be fine darlin', it's gonna take more than a bullet to bring me down," he said confidently.

"Mom, what's that noise?" Duck asked, causing Clem and Kassidy to look in their direction. Everyone was silent. There was a strange ringing in the air that sounded rather familiar.

"Sounds like a car..." Kenny said.

Ben sighed. "Oh, no. Not more strangers."

They all stayed back and quiet as Kenny and Lee went ahead.

"Oh, shit!" Kenny exclaimed a few minutes later. "Baby, you gotta see this. There's a whole ton of food and supplies back here!"

They made their way over. Surely enough, it was a car. Abandoned. In the back, there were boxes filled with all kinds of things, including food.

"This stuff could save all of us."

"Not all of us," Lilly sighed.

"Hey, we don't know if these people are dead," Ben added.

Lilly nodded. "And if they're not, and we take this, we're just monsters who came out of the woods and ruined their lives."

"This stuff isn't ours," Clem said, still holding Kass' arm.

Duck looked up at his father, "Who's car is it?"

"Don't worry about that, Duck," Kenny responded. "It's ours now."

"It's abandoned, Ducky, don't worry," Katjaa added.

"What if it's not?" Clem said as everyone looked back at her, "What if it isn't abandoned? What if it is someone's?" She explained, "We shouldn't stuff that doesn't belong to us."

Lee walked up to her and crouched down. "You are right, we shouldn't take this stuff."

"What?" Kenny scoffed. "Did you get a meal back there the rest of us didn't? We need this food!"

"We'll survive without it."

"The hell we will! We need this food, Lee!"

"We'll find a way."

"We need the supplies, Lee," Kassidy said as she looked at him and Clem.

"Clementine and I want nothing to do with it," Lee says as Kenny shrugged in response. "Whatever, man. Your call. The rest of us are taking this stuff," Kenny held his hand out, and Lee handed him the keys. "Alright, what've we got here?"

"Look!" Ben pointed to a box. "They have more food in that box."

"They have antibiotics," Katjaa said. "I wonder what else they have."

"See if there's any water," Carley said.

One by one, everyone took a box of food, medicine, and other supplies, including Lilly, while Lee and Clementine watch edin the background.

"Lee, there's a jacket here, it looks like it could fit Clementine," Katjaa mentioned as Clementine looked up at Lee and shook her head. "She's good, thanks," Lee replied as Kenny closed the trunk.

"Whatever, man. It's gonna get cold eventually," Kenny said as the group started to walk away from the car. Kenny gave the jacket to Duck while Carley walked up to Lee.

"Here, I found some batteries in one of those boxes there, maybe they could work on your camera," she told him, looking down at Clem. "You can have some too, for your walkie-talkie."

Clementine smiled, taking the batteries and placing them in her walkie-talkie.

Lee turned away from Clem and Kass as he watched it, but she could hear the woman speaking on it, as well as her and Clem's voice.

A woman had been stalking them.