[ 031 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ a house divided; part three ]

━━━━━━━━━━

"Now," Luke said, as they walked through the woods, pointing ahead of them. "You said he was right over here?"

The area seemed familiar to Clementine, but nighttime always looked different than day. "Yeah, just a little ways."

"Hey, Clem, Kass..." Their name being called made them look toward their left, watching as Rebecca walked up to them. "Sorry if gave you some shit back there. I'm just a little on edge. I still don't like what you did, sneakin' around on us and taking advantage of my husband. But I know you were both in a tough spot. I'll try to cut you some slack."

"Why's Carver after you?" Kassidy asked, breaking Clem out of her thoughts.

"After me?" She questioned. "Oh, you mean, after us. Well, he has a hard time letting go."

"I have a hard time letting go. I don't act like he does," Kass shrugged.

Clementine frowned. No, but... She could sometimes feel the heat too much, burning herself and others around her. There were a few sides to Kass. Her normal, caring self whom Clementine loved and there was the part of Kass when she was silent, no emotions, just cold. Then... the part of her that didn't think, who only saw and tried to kill whatever the problem was, to keep herself or others safe. Both were scary, but she still loved all sides of her, even if it was hard.

"We can handle it," Clementine looked up at her. "We're not little kids."

She was silent for a moment. "I know you did your best back there. You know none of us would make it on our own. Sometimes it's hard knowing just how depended am on everybody. I'm not used to that. I'm not comfortable with that. I'm supposed to be a mom soon. Guess I need to work on my patience."

"Cut yourself some slack," Kassidy huffed, giving in. "You're making a whole ass human. Doubt any of the guys could do it."

Rebecca laughed, "I guess you're right. Alvin and I still don't know what to call her. Or him, if that man get's his wish, God help me. Any ideas?"

"Girls?" Rebecca asked after silence.

Kassidy who had tried to answer, realized that she was being dragged, turning to Clementine who walked off the side of the path and through the trees.

They came upon a delivery truck, the back doors slightly open. The words 'RED & GOLD'  were written on the side, dead walkers surrounding it.

"There," Clem said. "That's where we were."

Oliver ran toward the truck as Kass pulled out her gun. "He's not in here!" He exclaimed, looking in the back.

"This was the last place I saw him," Clem answered, looking around.

Alvin shrugged. "Maybe he's around here, somewhere."

"Keep your eyes open," Carlos said as everyone began looking around. "And stay in sight."

Kass spotted a trail of blood leading to behind a rock. She gripped her gun in her hands and followed it, a sense of dread filling her. She turned and looked behind the rock, and just managed to stop herself from puking. There, Pete lay, guts spilling out of his stomach, a dead walker beside him.

Kassidy saw the others walking over and held up her hand, stomach turning. "Don't come over," she said. "He's gone."

"What?" Oliver asked, eyes wide. "What the hell happened?" He went to walk over, but Luke stopped him.