[ 026 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ all that remains; part two ]

━━━━━━━━━━

Kassidy was tossing and turning due to the same nightmare she'd been having for the last two years. The night when Clementine and Kassidy got kidnapped, the alleyway where her father and Ben got eaten, Lee's death.

Kassidy jolted awake from the terrible dream to see that she had been stuffed into a room, it looked like a log cabin. Her brows furrowed in confusion as panic began to lace her thoughts. Where- where the hell was she? Kass sat up, trying to stand, but her head had been hurting too much.

The girl heard the sound of creaking hinged and her head whipped around to face the door. It was a man in a yellow and orange flannel shirt, he had shaggy black hair and a mustache.

Kass immediately jumped up and reached for the pencil that was on the nightstand next to her, "B-back off!"

"Hey, easy," the man tried to sooth her. "I'm not gonna hurt you." The man had an accent, he sounded some sort of Hispanic.

"Yeah, and how do I know that?" Kass snapped defensively, eyes trained on him like a hawk.

"I wouldn't have helped you. My name is Carlos. Who are you?" the man, now known as Carlos, introduced.

"Kassidy... How long was I out for?" she asked him, wearily glancing around.

"About... Let's see..." Carol stopped to think to himself. "Almost ten hours you were out. Why were you washed up in the river like that for?" he asked.

Kass frowned, "Oh..." she paused, suddenly remembering the situation at hand. "A group of men showed up at our camp and attacked us. We escaped and had to jump into the river. My friend is still out there, I have to find her. So could you please let me go? You'll never see me again if you do."

Carlos thought for a moment before nodding. He held out the plate of food, "At least eat before you go and find your friend."

Kassidy's eyes widened at the sight of food. She snatched the plate and immediately started scarfing it down.

Carlos watched the girl with weary eyes, "Now... I know it's none of my business, but what group were you and your friend a part of?"

Kassidy stopped eating and stared at him with a confused face. She swallowed the food, responding, "Just me, Clem, and Christa."

The door opened, making the brunette teen flinch, but it was only a guy, no older than his mid-20s, wearing an orange sweater and a machete on his back, panting. "Carlos... outside... dog bite."

Carlos went to make his way outside, but stopped Kassidy before she could leave the room. "Get some food in your stomach," he told her. "Wait here and I'll be back." He walked out of the door and outside to find out what the cause of the commotion was.

"I'm not staying here, I've gotta find Clementine in case those crazy men in the woods find her," Kass muttered, scoffing.

BANG!

Kassidy flinched in surprise as a gunshot went off outside. She jumped up and ran outside, the same guy from before rushing out of the house in front of her. "Woah, woah, what the fuck?" he yelled.

"You idiot! Every lurker for five miles probably heard that!" A woman's voice snapped.

"You're the one telling me to fucking shoot her!" Another voice exclaimed, a man this time.