[ 016 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ around every corner; part three ]

━━━━━━━━━━

When the two girls finally arrived at River Street, it seemed they had gotten there just in time, as Lee got knocked down to the ground by someone wearing a red hoodie and a backpack, holding a mountain climbing ice pick. She was masked so they couldn't see her face, except for her dark-colored brown eyes. The woman crept closer and grabbed Lee, ready to deliver the finishing blow-

"No!" Clementine shouted, startling the girl and causing Lee to look up, dazed at the sight of seeing them.

"Clem? Kass?" Lee asked, confused.

"Please, don't hurt him," Clementine pleaded softly.

The girl hesitated, looking back and forth between Lee before reluctantly releasing her hold on him.

Lee stood up and dusted himself off, walking over to Clementine and Kass, placing both hands on their shoulders, assuring them that he was alright.

"You're not from Crawford," the girl concluded as Lee turned to face her. She took off her hood and mask revealing her short, dirty blonde hair.

"Crawford? The hell are you talking about?" Lee asks confused.

Before she could reply, Kenny slowly crept up out of his hiding place, gun at the ready, aiming at the back of her head. Unfortunately, she heard his footsteps.

"Kenny, don't!" Lee exclaimed.

But he didn't listen, and before they knew it, he was on the ground, gun firing, and the woman going to swing her ice pick at him.

"Don't!" Lee exclaimed. "He's with us!"

"Wait! That's my dad! He's with us!" Kassidy cried out as the girl readied to strike him with her ice pick. Kass heard the sound of walker's growling, and slowly turned to notice the walker barricade, "Holy..."

The blonde backed off as Kenny stood up, rubbing his wrist and glaring at the girl.

Kass ran over to get father and threw her arms around his waist.

The blonde looked between the four of them before asking, "Who the hell are you people?"

"Everyone just calm down," Lee said, but Kenny responded by shouting over him.

"I'll calm down once she tells me who the fuck she is!"

"Back off, asshole. The name's Molly," she told them, rolling her eyes at the older bearded man.

"Molly. I'm Lee, this is Kenny, Clementine, and Kassidy. We're not looking for any trouble," Lee introduced.

"Hey," Kass and Clem greeted, waving at Molly.

Molly looked at the two kinds for a moment and back at Lee, "You guys aren't from Crawford, are you?"

"We don't even know what that is," Lee told her, shaking his head with a scoff.

"Everything beyond that barricade," Molly concluded, gesturing toward the massive walker barricade behind them.

"What the hell happened here?" Lee asked her.

"You really want to know?" Molly asked.

Kenny and the other duo nodded while Kassidy leaned forward with interest.

"When everything started going to shit, some people closed off that whole neighbourhood. People who will do anything to stay alive, try to keep the dead out. I try to avoid them," Molly informed.