[ 004 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ starved for help; part two ]

━━━━━━━━━━

Everyone at the motel had been doing their daily routine. Lilly was on watch on top of the RV. Larry was working on the fence and Carley was going over the supplies they had left for the week. While the kids, Clementine and Duck, were doing their own things. Duck was on the ground coloring and Clem was kicking a soccer ball at a barrel, bored because she didn't really have anything else to do. The group that went out hunting burst from the woods.

"Get the gates open!" Lee yelled, "We've got wounded!"

They opened the gates, and Clem couldn't make out many words. A teenage blonde boy ran inside, followed by Mark, Lee, Kassidy and Kenny, and a body over Mark's shoulders.

"Lee, are you okay?"

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Who are these people?"

"Lay him in the truck and I'll see what I can do."

"Kat, can you fix him?"

"Jesus, Ken, I... I don't know."

"Lee. LEE!"

Everyone shut up and looked at Lilly.

"Lee, what the hell? You can't just be bringing new people in here! What the hell were you thinking?!"

"Hey, you wanna calm down for a fuckin' minute?" Kenny snapped.

"No! I don't!"

"Hey!" Larry snarled. "Watch your mouth!"

"I want to know why you thought bringing more mouths to feed was a good idea!"

"Jesus Christ," Mark sighed.

"He would have died out there! We couldn't just leave him!" Lee exclaimed.

Larry scoffed. "So what?"

Lilly pointed at Lee. "We're not responsible for every struggling survivor we come across! We have to worry about us! Right here! Right now!"

"Well, hang on," Carley said calmly. "We haven't even talked to these people yet. Maybe they can be helpful."

"Come on, Lilly, these are people!" Mark said. "People just like us! Just trying to survive, and the best way to do that is to stick together."

"Look you can kick us out, but please at least try and help my teacher," said the student, who hadn't realized he was still clutching Kassidy's hand nervously. But Kassidy sure noticed.

Lilly turned to Mark. "The only reason you're here is because you had food. Enough for all of us. But that food's almost ran out, we've got maybe a weeks left, and I don't suppose you guys are carrying any groceries, are you?"

The teenager shrugged. "Um... no."

"Fine," Mark sighed. "You guys fight it out, then. Welcome to the family, kid."