[ 030 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ a house divided; part two ]

━━━━━━━━━━

Kassidy kept on running through the woods, the sun was rising and she finally saw the cabin ahead. She also noticed someone else by the backdoor.

Clementine.

Once Clem saw Kass, her jaw dropped, and ran to her, embracing her in a hug. "You okay?" she asked.

"Not really. Hold on, kid. Let me catch my breath." They let go of each other and she took a second to catch her breath. "Did you...take care of Pete?" she asked.

Clem sighed, "No, he stayed behind and gave me a chance to escape. Where's Nick?"

Kass shook her head, "I don't know. He told me to run while he kept the walkers distracted."

"The others went to look for Alvin, Luke, you, and Nick. Not sure when they'll be back."

"What about Sarah?" Kassidy asked.

"Carlos told me and Oliver to watch out for her until he got back," Clem replied.

Kass just looked at her worriedly.

"I'm sure they'll be okay. They seem to know what they're doing," Clem assured.

"You're right. We should find Sarah before she realizes her dad is gone."

"Oliver's with her. Keeping her distracted," Clem said and they went inside the house, walking upstairs to Sarah's room. They reached the second floor and opened the door. Immediately the girls were met with a flash, causing Kass to push back Clem, hand on her gun.

"Say cheese!"

Kass relaxed as she spotted a camera flash and being met with Sarah's face. "Please don't do that again!" she growled, scrunching up her nose.

Sarah laughed, "Jeez sorry."

Oliver, who was sitting on her bed, burst out laughing and Kassidy glared at him.

"Where did you find that?" Clem asked.

"Ollie found it under the house. There was all kinds of old stuff down there. Let's all take one together."

"Um, sure," Clem replied.

She and Oliver stood next to Sarah, but Kassidy stood against the door frame with a deadpan and her arms crossed.

"Oh, come on, Kassidy. Please!" Sarah begged.

"No thanks, I'll pass."

"Come on, do it!" Sarah encouraged.

Clem grinned, "Yeah, do it!!"

"Do it!" Oliver chimed in, smirking.

They kept on chanting do it until Kass gave in, "Okay, okay! You win!" Clem grinned as she stood next to her.

"Smile!" She took the picture and the photo came out. Sarah made a goofy smile, Oliver smirked and threw up a peace sign, Clementine smiled and Kassidy stuck her tongue out.

Sarah exclaimed, "That's a keeper!"

Kass rolled her eyes as Sarah looked at the other's worried faces. "What's wrong?" she asked. "Um, where's my dad?" She asked, trying to look behind them. "You're scaring me."

Kass sighed as she shrugged, "He said he'd be out. I'm not sure why."

"Oh," Sarah started to breathe heavily.