[ 049 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ no going back; part six ]

━━━━━━━━━━

Clem slowly opened her eyes and saw that she was in the backseat of the truck. Kenny was driving while Jane was sitting in the passenger seat, holding AJ. She moved her head and saw that she was using Kassidy's legs as a pillow and Ollie's legs for her own. So she was basically sprawled across the two. "She's awake!" Kass exclaimed as Clem slowly sat up.

At that moment, Clem's shoulder felt really sore. She placed her hand over the wound on her shoulder.

"Hey you," Jane said as she looked at Clem over her shoulder.

"Clem! Oh, thank God," Kenny said as Kassidy placed her left arm around Clem's torso and gently hugged her.

"You passed out from the shock," Ollie informed.

"Am I gonna be okay?" Clem asked them.

"You should be. How do you feel?" Jane asked.

"She just got shot. How do you think she feels?" Kassidy snapped.

"Okay, sorry! Just asking..." Jane murmured.

Clem just sighed and looked at her shoulder. "It hurts," she grumbled.

Ollie frowned at Clem, "Couldn't find the bullet. Must've gone clean through. It'll burn a while, but you'll be fine. I should know, yeah?" he grinned, trying to lighten the mood.

"Those sons of bitches. I mean, I expected it from the Russian, but Mike? I could tell they were workin' on somethin'," Kenny grumbled in annoyance.

"I didn't think they'd go that far," Jane muttered.

"Yeah, well who would steal our food and shoot a kid? We never should've thrown in with trash like that in the first place," Kenny scoffed.

"Where are they?" Clem asked them.

"Kassidy shot that shitbird Arvo. As for Mike and Bonnie, I hope they freeze their asses off out here! Luckily, they didn't take this truck, but we do need more gas," Kenny answered.

"Now that Clem's awake we should talk about where we're going," Jane said to Kenny.

"We're headed north," Kenny responded, flatly.

"What, to find Wellington?" Jane asked, annoyed.

"You sure talk a lotta shit, but you got a better plan?" Kenny asked her.

"We head south, back to Howe's," Jane replied.

"Carver's camp? The fuck kind of plan is that?" Kenny exclaimed, angrily.

"I'm not going back to that hell hole, even if you forced me. Plus, imagine the amount of walkers are there!" Kassidy snapped at her.

Ollie nodded in agreement.

"The walkers should be gone by now," Jane argued.

"Wellington's out there. We have to keep looking, Jane," Ollie said and Jane turned to look at him in shock.

"Ollie, you can't be falling for this," she scoffed in bewilderment.

"I agree with him," Clem said, causing Jane to look at her in shock as well.

"Who the fuck wouldn't?" Kassidy snapped. But that time, Jane didn't look as shocked.

"They made up their minds, Jane," Kenny finalized.