[ 037 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ in harms way; part four ]

━━━━━━━━━━

Kassidy woke up from her nap and was immediately sent back to work. After what happened on the roof, Tavia sent her and Clementine on different jobs. She sent Kass to work with Kenny and Mike. So far, Mike and Kenny weren't getting along very gud. They worked on the wall that kept the walkers out while the girl handed them the tools and made sure of how many walkers were outside. 

Mike got up, "I'll be back, I've gotta go take a piss break. And don't stop working, alright? I don't want Troy on my ass again!" He walked off. 

Kass spoke up after silence, scrunching her brows, "I don't want everyone to die, Dad. We've lost too much now."

Kenny shook his head, "That ain't gonna happen. I won't let it. If Carver puts his hands on you or Clementine, I'll bash his skull in."

"Right. And I would do the same," Kass grinned.

Kenny chuckled, "Um, why don't you let me handle that part once we get outta here?"

"Awe, man," Kass huffed, only half-joking.

Mike came back, looking pissed at Kenny, "What the fuck?! I told you to work, not to talk!"

"Well, I'm sorry that I'm just trying to make my daughter feel better!" he shot back at Mike.

"That ain't gonna help us from finishing this wall!" Mike looked at Kass and scoffed, "Why don't you just get out, if you aren't gonna help!?"

Kenny stormed toward him and shoved his chest, "Why don't you just leave her alone, huh?! She's just scared!"

"That ain't no excuse to not work!" Mike snapped.

They continued to argue as the door opened. It was Clementine carrying a bucket. She ran over to Kass as Kenny pinned Mike against the glass.

"Get your fucking hands off of me, old man!"Mike snapping, shoving against him.

"Or what? You're gonna tell on me?!" he sneered.

"Kenny, stop!" Clem exclaimed.

"I will...once this asshole stops hassling us!"

Mike scoffed, "I'm just trying to help us from getting into any more trouble!"

That's when the glass started to break. Kass gasped in panic, "Watch out!"

The glass broke and walkers started to pour in. Each of them separated and grabbed something they could use to defend themselves.

Kassidy saw a screwdriver in the toolbox and grabbed it. A walker was about to grab her when she lodged the screwdriver in its face then grabbed it and ran off when she saw Clem trapped behind a shelf, with a walker in there with her.

Kassacted quickly and helped her out from the shelf. Just as soon as she got her free, she had timed it just right and pushed the shelf, the spikes impaling the walkers head.

Three more walkers were on them now, so they went into the back room, looking for more weapons to use.

Kass used the screwdriver and stabbed a walker in the head with it. As she killed it, it landed on top of her and when the last walker was approaching them. Kass tried pushing the dead walker off of her until an arrow came flying in and hit the other walker in the head.

They rolled the walker off of her and Troy walked in all pissed off, as usual, dragging Ollie behind him. "Come on, get up! Make me have to save your useless asses, Goddamn!"