[ 003 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ starved for help; part one ]

━━━━━━━━━━

It had been about three months since the group moved into the motel and not much had happened. Besides a group or two passing them by.

Things with the rest of the group were okay, however, Lee and Kenny, mostly Kenny, constantly got into arguments with Lily and Larry. Larry– Kassidy still doesn't like him, she wouldn't forgive him for trying to throw Duck out of the drugstore thinking he got bit and almost getting Lee killed.

Katjaa even started to teach three kids how to treat their wounds. Even though she's a vet, they figured it would still work with all wounds.

Kassidy had also started to become good friends with Lee and Clementine, especially Clem. They'd grown closer over pranking Duck. 

Other than those things, they had been doing good so far and at some point, they met up with this guy named Mark, who had a van full of food and other supplies. They were getting low now.

Kassidy, Lee, Mark and Kenny were currently hunting for food. Kassidy was with her father and he was teaching her how to shoot a rifle. How cool was that? She really loved him.

"Now hold the rifle real tight against your shoulder, cause it's gonna kick back a hell of a lot harder than your pistol," Kenny said with a chuckle as he pointed to the other gun on her hip.

Kassidy held the rifle tight against her shoulder and pulled the trigger, killing the poor rabbit and getting knocked down by the gun in the process.

"Oh shit, you okay?" asked Kenny.

"Did I get it, Dad?" she asked ignoring his question, and the burning pain in her chest.

"Yeah, you got it alright, but are you okay?" He asked again.

"Yeah, I'm okay," Kassidy replied, holding her chest. Once she had regained her breath she spoke, "But Mom would probably say the opposite. Oh, she was mad when you agreed to take me with you. Ducky was so jealous," she laughed.

"Yeah, she was. They were," he laughed, eyes crinkling in amusement.

"Why did you let me come anyway, Dad?"

"Figured we could have some father-daughter bonding," he grinned.

Her eyes lit up as she beamed back up at him before throwing her arms around his waist, "I love you, Dad."