[ 046 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ no going back; part three ]

━━━━━━━━━━

"Is that it?" Kenny asked Arvo as they approached a small electrical plant with had a fence around it. "Hey, I'm talkin' to you!" he snapped at him. 

"What? It? Is what?" Arvo asked him. 

"What do you mean what? The place you're fuckin' taking us!" Kenny growled, exasperated. 

"He doesn't speak much English," Jane told him. 

"Yeah, no shit!" Kenny snapped at her before he turned to Arvo. "Is that it? I thought you said it was a house."

"Arvo, that's not what you're taking us to, right? How much further is the house you were talking about?" Clem asked the older teen calmly as she pointed at the small power plant. 

"Answer her, dammit!" Kenny snarled at Arvo, aiming his gun. 

"Is still more walk. Some more hours." Arvo replied, finally. 

"Ah dammit!" Kenny exclaimed, annoyed. "I knew this would happen. This guy fucked us." 

Mike set Luke and Ollie down on a large log. 

"Thank you," Luke said to him. 

"Don't mention it," Mike replied to him.

Ollie leaned against Luke, rubbing his temples in slight frustration.

Kass snorted slightly at his annoyed expression, which caused him to send her a thumbs up and lopsided grin.

"It's gettin' dark. Maybe we should stop for the night," Bonnie suggested.

"This is bullshit," Kenny growled.

"Relax," Jane snapped at him.

"Don't tell me to relax," he growled at her. "He's lying. He's been lying this whole time."

"You don't fucking know that!" Mike snapped at him. 

"I know we've been walking all day and we're still fuckin' nowhere," he quipped. 

"I think we should spend the night here...if it's safe," Clem said. 

"That's a big if," Kenny scoffed. 

"Well, there's a fence, which would help walkers," Kass said, trying to calm him down. She didn't really like Arvo that much either, but the yelling was getting annoying. 

"Maybe..." her father muttered.

"Can we just try and have a calm, quiet night? Please..." Clem asked everyone, exasperated. 

"That sounds nice," Bonnie said as she looked over at the others. 

"Very..." Kass heard Ollie mumble.

"Yeah...yeah it does," Luke said just as AJ started to cry. 

"Oh, shit, sorry about that... It's all right buddy. It's all right," Kenny cooed at the baby. 

"If we're staying, we should scout this place out," Jane suggested and he nodded in agreement.

"All right, y'all wait here. I'll go make sure this ain't some walker nest we're lockin' ourselves into," Kenny told them. 

"I'll go with you," Jane offered and Kenny stared at her before turning to Kass and handing the baby over. "See if...see if you can calm him down a bit."