[ 013 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ long road ahead; part five ]

━━━━━━━━━━

Kenny applied the brakes on the train as Ben and Kassidy held onto the railing, the train slowly coming to a stop. The group got off the train, staring up at an oil truck dangling from the side of the bridge.

"Fuck! Fuck! FUCK!! FUCK!! FUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKK!!!" He exclaimed in frustration. His face fell and he sighed, lowering his head.

"Maybe we could walk?" Ben suggested, shrugging his shoulders a bit.

Kenny scoffed in response. "That's fucking stupid, Ben," he spat.

"I'm just saying," Ben muttered, a d. Chuck climbs down from the train and inspects the tanker.

"Now, I don't know about y'all, but we can just ram right through that thing. We got a goddamn train!" Chuck exclaimed.

"That tanker isn't full of milk, Charles. It's gas or diesel. Something that'll explode." Kenny pointed out as Chuck turns to him annoyed.

"You gotta get ahold of yourself. You've got a damn daughter. This a crew here," Chuck snapped.

Kenny grit his teeth, clenching his fists as he stepped closer to Chuck. "Don't tell me about my own daughter. This ain't shit," he fired back.

"This—"

"Yo, you keep screaming like that and you're gonna get your face chewed off."

The group looked up, seeing a man and a woman on top of the bridge, looking down at them. "Are you guys gonna be trouble? Because we could've just kept walking," the woman scoffed, glaring at them cautiously.

"Define 'trouble'," Lee quipped sarcastically.

"Anything that'll get you killed or worse. It tends to come hand in hand with a group of people in distress," the woman shot back.

"Come on, hon let's give these people a break," the guy spoke softly to the woman.

"We'll see."

"You guys got a problem with your train?" the man asked.

"Yeah, you're standing right in front of it," Kenny sneered.

"Dude, it's not so bad from up here. Send your buddy up to have a look," the man said, turning back to the woman.

Before Lee could make his way up the ladder, Kenny raised his hand and stopped him. "Anything goes sideways up there, we won't let them escape," he warned.

"If I come up there, you better not be murders or thieves!" Lee exclaimed up at them.

"I guess you'll have to find out for yourselves," the woman quipped as Lee made it up the ladder.

"Let's follow him, Kass," Clem suggested.

"Alright," the older girl shrugged and nodded as both her and Clem climbed the ladder. They reached the top as Kass helped Clem up. The two girls turned and noticed the man looking at them.

"Goddamn, you guys have kids!"

Lee gave him a confused look before he turned and noticed them, "What are you two doing up here?"

The man grinned, "Do you know how long it's been since I've seen kids? Shit! What're your names?"

"Clementine."