[ 034 ]

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

[ in harms way; part one ]

━━━━━━━━━━

Kassidy was standing in front of a tree, staring at a butterfly. She kept watch for Clementine and Sarah as they went to pee. She put her hand in front of the butterfly and it crawled on her hand. It almost made her forget about what went down at the ski lodge until the ugly man in the camo jacket called them out.

"You about done over there?!"

Sarah nodded in response, "Yeah, we're finished!"

Clem and Sarah came up behind Kass and Sarah smiled, "I'm glad you guys came with me. It's pretty scary out here. I know they made you come with me, but it was nice of you anyway."

"We're friends Sarah. Friends have to watch out for each other," Clem told her.

Sarah smiled softly, "Yeah, we are. Well, Kassidy, if you need to pee, me or Clementine will keep an eye out for you too."

"Uh...okay... I guess," she muttered, awkwardly scratching the back of her neck.

They walked back over to Troy, "Everything came out alright, girls?"

They looked at the man in disgust and confusion, his expression looking slightly embarrassed that he had worded it that way.

When they got close to Carver, Kass noticed he had a radio, "Well, we're on our way. ETA, thirty minutes out. Make sure everyone's prepped. Emotions could run high. Carver out." Carver looked up at Troy, who tied Sarah's hands together, "If I found you waisted our fuel by keeping the fucking heater going, you're walking back."

Troy nodded, "Of course, boss."

"I had a radio just like that," Clem spoke up.

Carver looked over at Clementine in confusion, "Really? Well, what happened to it? Cause you can't have this one."

"I used it to talk to my parents."

Carve scoffed, "That's why you're looking at this one? You wanna call Mommy and Daddy?"

Clem paused, "...They're dead now."

Carver leaned over to Clem's level, "Well, I can tell you this. Everyone's parents are dead, kid. Don't make you any special."

"Leave her the fuck alone, you psycho son of a bitch!" Kass snapped.

Carver looked at her, surprised, and stood up, "Watch your mouth, first off. And secondly, it isn't very nice to listen to others' conversations. Didn't your parents teach you that?"

She only gave him a death glare at what he had said. He walked up to her and smacked her to the ground, her yelping in surprise.

"No, stop!" Sarah pleaded.