Chapter 40: Onwards

Rizu POV 

"Ahh time to leave~"  I say as I stretch my body. I toss some bags with fruit and food onto our boats.  

"Finally!"  Rosi exclaims as he unties our boats from the shore.  I chuckle lightly as I move my mask to the top of my head.  "Well I must say we've grown stronger."  I say matter of factly as I display my red strings that pushes our boats further off the sand and into the water.  

I had about a month to work with this power.  I learned how to control the strings better and surprisingly they can carry and hold a decent amount of weight.  But of course to make it stronger, I had to infuse haki with it. 

Though another thing I had found out about this power were these visions that these red strings bring.  

______

Flashback 

As I sit at the cliff, I close my eyes and focus on transferring my haki through these red strings.  As I control these stings that twirl around me I spread my Observational haki out wider as I could see a wider view of everything around me.  

A small smile makes its way onto my face as I continue to move my red strings around.  After doing this for a good amount of time I take a deep breath and open my eyes where I see a butterfly fly down a couple feet away from me on a rock.  

I watch it for a while as it flaps its wings.  Coming up with an idea, I slowly inch my red strings towards it, trying to see how subtle I can make my strings as it has no presence.  As my strings finally come in contact with the butterfly, an image pops up in my vision where I see the butterfly gracefully fly across the forest it would fly past some of the bigger beasts. That would go on for a while as it came back around and landed a couple meters away from me.  But shortly after the vision shows me that a bird comes down and eats it. 

As my eyes dilate back I notice that my strings are still touching the butterfly before it takes off. Tilting my head I watch the butterfly fly off in the same direction. Normally my observational haki only allows me to see a couple meters away in detail, but the distance the butterfly went was over a couple meters.  Letting my mind ponder this vision, I shook it off as I went back to scanning the area with my own eyes. 

 Moments later a gust of wind blew making me close my eyes. As I opened them again, my eyes widen slightly as the same butterfly landed on the rock. Soon the bird from that vision swoops down and takes the butterfly into its mouth.  Exactly like the vision.  "What was that...?"  I mumble to myself wondering why this scene replayed itself. 

I watch as the bird goes out of sight and into the forest.  I move my attention to my surroundings where I use observational haki to sense any other insects or animals around me.  Seeing another bird come around the bend, I open my eyes where I send out my red strings touching it.  Another vision pops in my head where the bird continues to fly but lands on a branch a couple yards away from me. 

Only a couple seconds later does another animal come out and kill it too.  I cringe seeing nature take it's course.  My sight returns to normal as my strings retract after the bird flew back a little bit after the contact with the strings.  But as seen in my vision it lands down on that branch.  I continue to watch intently seeing the animal lunge out and take the bird. 

I blink a couple of times as I make my strings return.  As I return my strings I look at them as my mind ticks with new found thoughts.

FLASHBACK END

_________

I jump up onto the boat as I unfurl the decent sized sail and look at my log pose.  "Well then.  Let's head to the next island!"  I say with a wide smile as we pick up wind and sail away from the island.  

"Let's hopefully find an island with civilization."  Rosi mumbles out to me as his boat sails besides mine.  I chuckle lightly as I cast my red strings out around and practice controlling them.  "Yes that would be nice to finally get some better food and resources."  I say as I place Ryushi beside me when I sit down. 

As I look out to sea my mind wanders to this power.   Ever since I saw these visions or the 'Fate' of those animals that I touched with the strings. I practiced and continued to search for what these vision really were with the other larger animals.

It would seem that the 'fate' of these animals would show as a vision to me. It varied from a couple minutes into the future to a week, where I would see the same creature later. As I began testing out these strings, their fate could be changed. Much like any situation where an outside force would step in.

However, there is much that I don't know and lacking with this power.   I clench my hands as I make the strings disappear.  

"Well then Rosi.  We better find our next island.  Who knows when we'll need to have another training session like this again?"  I say with a small smile under my mask as I look at Rosi.  

"Whhaaaa!  You mean we're gonna have another training session like this?"  Rosi comments as he visibly frowns and pulls out another cigarette.  I chuckle seeing him like this.  "Maybe.  I still need a lot more training and practice for the next couple of years."  I say as I look down at my hands.

I continue on.  "My new power, this devil fruit.  There is still a lot that I don't know and is still very unfamiliar to me.  Even though I spent a couple good weeks using it.  There's still much to learn and gain with this."  I say as I lean back on the mast of the boat as I look at my log pose. 

"Plus, even though I improved my haki.  I still have a lot to learn in order to be strong enough to make my captain, the pirate king."  I say with a wide grin.  I hear a light chuckle from Rosi causing me to turn my head. 

"Indeed.  To be on the crew of the pirate king, you must be strong.  Almost close to unbeatable."  Rosi jokes lightly as he puffs out some smoke.  I giggle a bit at his words.  "Yes, I do." 

I look forward, out to the vast sea.  "I have lots to get done.  Lots of training.  Lots of practice.  I need to do everything I can to become stronger.  Stronger for myself, the crew, my captain, and my friends.  Just so I can protect those I care about."  I say with determination. 

With a sudden gust of wind it sends my hair whipping around and pushes our boats out further at a faster paste.  I giggle and tuck my hair behind my ear as I glance back at Rosi.  "It seems as fate is telling us that it agrees and to be on our way.  Don't ya think?"  I say with a small smirk under my mask, making Rosi chuckle as he blows smoke out from his lips.  

"Indeed.  It seems as if Fate is on our side today."  he comments.  

"Fate....."  I mumble out as I look at my hands.  'Fate....it seems that I'll be changing the fate of others.  I'll be changing this world.  I'll turn this world upside down!'     

___________