Chapter 20: News

3rd POV 

"Zephyr's ship had been attacked by pirates!  Only two students remain alive from the battle!  Zephyr had lost his arm in battle."  

These words and information spread throughout Navy headquarters, navy bases, everywhere throughout the navy.  

Chase eyes widened and he took off the mask he was wearing.  "Rizu..."  he said and held tightly on the mask.  He looked back up at the group of marines.  "Who are the ones alive!?!?"  he asked frantically while shaking one of the men.  "I believe it was a young man and lady."  he said and Chase let go of him.  "Young lady?  Like what age?!  Did she wear a mask?! Do you know?..."  he asked.

The group of marines looked at him and another one spoke up.  "I had recently came here, a couples days ago from HQ.  The two that had survived was a man with pinkish hair and a woman with dark blue hair but she didn't wear a mask.  They followed Instructor Zephyr off the ship however Zephyr had lost his arm."  he said.  

Chase blinked and his eyes got a little teary.  "What?!  No!  She wouldn't-!"  Chase yelled and the group flinched.  Chase nodded his head at them and walked away.  'No.  Rizu....Rizu is stong and stood her own against pirates before when we had missions and she had trained with me and Smoker and Hina.  She was able to keep up with us.  She-'  Chase thought as he walked down the corridor and held tight on the mask.  

'She is like a little sister to me.  She couldn't be-NO!  She had a future-"  Chase stops his thoughts there as his eyes become watery.  Images of their training days and the times where he teased Rizu flash through his mind.  Finally stopping at the memory of their promise. 

Shaking his head once more he walked down the corridors and headed to find some other marines to question.  'She is not weak..She has to be okay..'  He thought in his head as he made it outside.  

But whether or not she was alive, in that moment he decided he would live on with that promise of becoming a high ranking officer.  He would decided he would continue to move forward as he would live with her in his memories.  Even if there time together was only a couple years, he had steeled his resolve.  

"I'll become a vice admiral and make my way up to admiral.  I'll keep that promise Rizu."  Chase said as he put on the mask.  

______  

With Smoker and Hina, "What?!  That can't be true!"  Smoker said with irritation as he held onto his transponder snail.  "It's true Smoker."  Hina spoke into the snail.  She continued.  "I had some subordinates who were there.  They had informed me of the state of Zephyr-san was in and the two alive were not Rizu."  

Smoker banged his hand against the wall gaining attention from other marines.  They looked back at him and walked away.  "That's-!  That girl who we spent those years training with- She's not weak!  She was only a child!" Smoker yelled recalling memories when the two spared and had talks together.  

"Smoker."  Hina called out into the snail.  "She was strong but still.  Even Zephyr had a hard time dealing with the pirate and lost his arm doing the fight." Hina said and sighed out.  Smoker grunted and clenched onto the transponder snail.  "Damn it!"  he yelled.  

Hina spoke up again.  "I had spoke with Zephyr where I gained some information.  He had told me that Rizu."  Hina paused and continued.  "Rizu.  Rizu had saved Zephyr."  

"What do you mean?"  Smoker asked.  Hina clarified.  "She had protected Zephyr.  She took the blow for Zephyr and saved his life.  Apparently the pirate had aimed to kill Zephyr but Rizu had stepped in where she prevented it.  Taking the blunt of the attack.....However, Zephyr had said the pirate took her and chucked her into the sea.  There wasn't anybody or anytime to save her or anything as the reinforces arrived, where they shortly engaged in battle.  She wouldn't be able to swim or withstand the canon balls if they had fallen on her."  Hina said as she twirled her fingers around another cigarette.