Chapter 26: Winter

Rizu POV 

The season had changed to winter with the chilling breeze and white falling snow.  Bringing new unexpected events and acquaintances this season.

I had just arrived at the boys tree house to find it empty and even went up to the very top to see if they were sitting up there or if I could see them from a distance.  As I climbed up and got to the bird's nest, my breath was blown away.  Seeing not only the grey terminal but Foosha village and the ocean.  The snow gently fell down as I looked at the area.  

Soon enough I could hear voices as they climbed up the tree house.  I made my way down and into their little house.  "We're finally back ....We've had such bad luck  today.  Let's go to bed."  I hear Sabo say and make my presence known.  "What happened?"  I asked as I pull my sleeves down and rub my face.  "Rizu!"  Luffy says as he bounces over to me and I hug him.  

Sabo smiles as he sits down seeing me.  "Luffy had his first catch today but lost it to the Tiger King of the forest."  he says and I nod my head as I pet Luffy's head.  Ace spoke up.  "He also almost feel off the bridge as he broke it and almost ended up in the river."  

My eyes widened slightly and looked down at Luffy.  I sighed slightly as I sat down and hugged Luffy close to me.  Ace and Sabo watched as we sat close to each other.  "Anyways we're going to bed."  Sabo says and I nod.  "Mind if I stay over today?"  I ask they nod in approval as Luffy squirms.  "Yay!"  he says and I chuckle. 

"Anyways...." Ace says and I look up at him and tilt my head.  "Why do you always cuddle with him!  Luffy your always hugging her!"  Ace yells and I blink.  "Cuddle him?  Is it bad that I do?"  I ask and look at them as they nod their head.  While Luffy whines a bit.  "But I like Rizu's hugs!  They're nice and warm!"  Luffy says and I nod my head. 

"You know Luffy is like a cute little brother to me now.  It's just since I got here, Luffy would often cling to me and now I always just return them and hug him back?"  I say unsure of what answer he wants.  I add on "Plus it's really cold."  I say as shiver a bit.  "It's warmer this way!"  Luffy says agreeing with me. 

"I see."  Sabo says and Ace turn towards Sabo.  "Don't 'I see' !  Luffy needs to grow into a grown man!"  Ace yells and I blink unsure why he is so upset.  Sabo nods his head agreeing and look towards Luffy.  

"Luffy get off and come here."  they both say.  I now blink at both of them and Luffy whines a bit as he doesn't want to.  

Blinking at them, I slightly tilt my head to the side as a thought pops in.  Making a small smile as Ace reaches forward to grab Luffy off of me.  As he does Sabo comes in to separate them apart.  Taking in the sight, I giggle lightly as I rush over and encase the three of them into my arms as we hit the floor. 

"Wha-?!"  I hear Ace yell out in shock as my laughter rings out, "It'll be fine if I give you all a hug then right?  Its way~ warmer this way, right?~"  I sung out with a light heart as I feel Ace wiggle in my arms as Sabo laughs too.  

"Hm!"  I hear Luffy as he wraps his arms around me and snuggle closer.  

"Let's just stay here a little longer like this."  I mumble out as my hold on them tightens and Ace finally stops squirming and stays put.   

________

The three of them finally settle down as they place an extra futon and blanket down for me.  I listen in as they talk about their day and yawn.  

"Brothers are sure a nice thing to have."  Luffy says and I smile as I begin to get sleepy.  "If the two of you were in my crew along with Rizu...."  Luffy trails off as he laughs earning confused faces from his brothers.  "You know laughing won't fill your stomach."  Sabo says.