Chapter 60: Fighting White Beard

Rizu POV 

It's been about a week as we headed towards our destination of White Beard pirates.  Sighing out, I lean on my desk, as we haven't even passed or come across a Newspaper bird. 

Looking over some maps that Marco had given me, we should be reaching them shortly.  Sighing out, I checked my logue pose again as I stood up from my chair to get some fresh air. 

Walking on deck I could see every body huddled up around each other.  "What's going on?"  I ask as I head over to Ikkei who passed me the newspaper.  "Oh a newspaper bird came?"  I asked excitedly as I opened it.

"Yeah it came, but it was also selling some old papers as well as new ones.  This one however is the old one as the others are passing around on deck."  Ikkei informed me as I nodded  "Did the other newspaper  talk about us in it?"  I ask.

Opening the paper as I read around finding nothing too important on the first couple of pages, I freeze seeing the section about Ace.  Quickly reading it, I could feel myself pale and shake slightly.  "?!"  Crunching the paper, my brows furrowed in frustration as I continued to read the last bit of information before reading over the other stuff in the paper. 

"He's planning on fighting us?"  I ask out loud which causes Ikkei to sigh and pat my shoulder.  

"I know you spoke of him quite often when he appeared in the newspapers.  But we shouldn't worry about Pops and the others, they'll take care of him."  Ikkei tells me as I sigh and rub my face as my mask was hanging on my belt.  

"That's not what I'm worried about.  This idiot himself who decided to fight us, is who I'm worried about.  He's that kid I told you about when I was younger."  I explain as I fold the paper back up and head to the others to grab the next paper.  

"Is that the oldest?"  I ask to which he nods.  Finding the others, I quickly ask for them as I read them.  Widening my eyes as I begin to bite on my lip.  "How much of an idiot does he have to be?  I didn't even see this happening."  I mumble to myself knowing that at times I would get dreams about what the future would hold because it was fate.  But I've stopped having those recently. 

Reading the next paper, which is the newest, it read that Fire Fist Ace and Jinbei the Shikibukai had been fighting for 5 days.  Furrowing my brows, I sigh out as I rub my face.  

"How frustrating."  I mumble out as a crew member comes running out holding a snail transponder.  Turning around, I move the papers to hold them under my arm as I go to pick it up. 

"Hello?"  I speak as I hear a male voice.  

"Is this Rizu?"  the voice speaks.  

"Yes, who is this?"  I ask as I could hear background noise of men scattering around on deck. 

"Commander Marco had wanted us to tell you to change course.  We're heading to the another island to face against Fire Fist Ace."  the male voice told me as I grew ticked.  

"So I've heard.  I just read in the news that it had been about 5 days since Ace and Jinbei were fighting, why wasn't I told of this earlier."  From my tone I could hear the others and the man on the other side gulp. 

"We had some difficulty.  We tried to send a letter to you via newsletter bird but they wouldn't head in that direction for some time.  While we lost which transponder snail was used to call you.  So we've been calling around and trying to see which one was yours."  he spoke as I sighed out and rubbed my temples. 

"Alright.  How close are you to the island?"  I ask as I look over at the others to bring me my map while to get ready to change course.  

As I waited I could hear shouts in the back.  "Hey, what's going on?"  I ask.  I could hear some fumbling around.  

"We've just arrived."  He said as I could feel myself pale.  I could only feel bad for that idiot Ace, I know that White Beard doesn't kill others easily and would spare Ace. 

'But that idiot is just an idiot.' I think to myself as let out another sigh. "Alright, we'll change course.  Keep this transponder if I need to get in touch."  I say as I hang up the phone.  

"You alright?"  Ikkei asks as I nod my head and tuck some hair behind my ear.  

"Yeah, I tell you we could've been back with them if we were told earlier."  I state as I look towards the rest of the men.  "I'm sure you heard all that.  So lets turn this ship the other direction to meet them at the island.  Even if we don't arrive at the island, we'll come in contact with them"  I announce as grab the maps from Ikkei and open it. 

"Do you think we'll get there in time to meet them during the battle?"  he asks as I shake my head.  

"I don't think so.  White Beard and the others are strong, so I think this will be over by the time we meet them.  Honestly speaking, I feel frustrated that he would carelessly decide to fight Pops. Now that we've been sailing in the wrong direction it will take about 3-4 days time if we're lucky."  

Looking at the map, I tell the men the direction that we need to head to as I could only feel irritated by this event.  'I really need to eat a bunch of Thatch's desert when I return.  I need to smack some sense into Ace too.'  

________________

"Rizu, we're gonna need to make a stop at an island to pick up some food for the ship."  Ikkei tells me as I nod my head and look down at the logue pose.  

"Yes, I suppose so.  We'll be reaching the next island soon."  I say as it had already been 2 days since I got the call. 

Sighing out slightly I had calmed myself and just took in the facts that things were going to be okay.  I didn't get any bad feelings from the whole thing, I was just tired perhaps.  But seeing that we're gonna need to stop for food and supplies its gonna make our trip longer to get to them.  

"You still upset?"  Ikkei asks as he sits on the railing next to me.  Looking up at him, I shake my head.  

"No, just perhaps tired that day from things.  But I tell you my heart felt like it was gonna pop.  I can only take so much stupidness from that boy.  He's very special to me and he's like family too.  But hearing how risky he is just makes me tired..."  I state as I look up at the sky. 

"Hey but don't worry too much.  I bet things will be fine.  Besides seeing how things are going, we'll meet up with them within 3-4 days time.  Plus our bounties should be finalized soon and our deed was talked about in the papers."  Ikkei told me as I nodded my head.  

"Yeah, I wonder how much higher my bounty went?"  I asked out loud then thought a bit longer.  "I also wonder if they got a better picture of me?  My pictures are always so blurry."  I comment making the male to the side of me chuckle.  "I can't say they aren't bad.  At first its hard to distinguish who you are but its like over time the image gets better with each higher bounty you get."  

I chuckle lightly as stretch out my arms.  "Well I'm going to practice a bit before we land at the island."  I say as I walk away. 

"It'll be some time before we reach the others, so go ahead and rest."  With that I could only look up at the sky and anticipate the awaited meeting between pops and Ace.