Chapter 71: Realization of Power

Rizu POV 

Darkness.  Only darkness could be seen surrounding me.  Everywhere I look, there was darkness.  A dream?  A vision?  I could not tell. 

Looking around and walking in this empty space, I knew it could be inside of my mind where it was a dream.  

'Rizu D. Tamashiro. The user of the Fate Fate Fruit.  Strings of fate that control the things of the world.'  

'Your powers are strong....Though you just need to find a way to use them. Strings can still be connected with you even if its not summoned from your hands. They can be used if you infuse something within the strings that have your power but you essence in it. These strings of fate have chosen you so only you can use them.' a voice speaks out to me making me widen my eyes and look around.

"What is this?"  I speak out as I look for the voice and where I was now.  

'They are Fate's strings...With them you, only you can change fate. But Fate doesn't change easily even with you as the user. With something to take its place or will an outside force to override the fate, can it be changed. Even with the smallest actions, this world has begun to change.'

"Who are you!" I speak with anxiousness. "How do you know this?" I question but receive no answer.

'All answers will be answered in due time.....Not till now were we able to do this.....' the voice speaks making shivers crawl up my body.

'You want to save those dear to you. You want to protect them. Things are bound to change and with this power you can change their fates. But only some. Take hold of these strings and create your path with the newfound fate.'  

'Walk down this path given to you!  The strings will guide you.  So pave your path!' The voice speaks with determination as a bright red light explodes. 

"W-wait!" I yell out as I opened my eyes and sat up.

"Hah Hah..." I pant out with confusion. Looking around yet again seeing I was just in bed.

"W-what was that?" I mumble out as I hold my head.

 Images, voices, words, and information, starts to flow into my head once again.  All of those random voices and images from my dream.   

'Unmei Unmei no mi?? Is that what this power is??? What was that person doing with these strings.....They were able to change....Could I do that too..." I mumble out to myself.

Those images that appeared just now were scrambled, some quite random. Voices that filled my head put in information, the basic things about the fruit that I ate in my past life and in this life. The fruit I ate was called the Fate Fate fruit.

"And these strings aren't just a knock off version of Doffy's.....There fate's strings...." I mumble to myself as I get up and walk back and forth. "Why did I see that just now? It was so random to be exact. I received information but yet not a lot. The name of my power and a little bit of information on how to use it???" I grumble out as I cast my strings out.

"This is too weird.......Really random to even find out now. After all these years of having dreams and seeing things, this the first time that I heard that voice and was told of this fruit. Did I see them before?" I mumble out trying to think if I ever did. 

"But what that person or thing did with these strings??? No, what else does this power hold?"  I mumble out as I sit back down on my bed. 

Thinking back to what I had heard and saw, or perhaps by intuition I started to cast out my strings and intertwined them making a thicker threaded piece.  'If this is Fate's string, does that mean these strings will work for others too?  Will they protect others when I'm not around?  If I infuse haki or something else into these strings what will happen?  A power that is still unknown...' I think to myself.