Chapter 7: Alive

Rizu POV 

"Ugh...."  

I looked over at the man who is all bandaged up and covered with a blanket.  He slowly opened his eyes and blinked a couple times.  

As I saw this I made my way closer to the man.  "How are you feeling?"  I ask and he turns his head towards me.  "Ah..It's you again..Am I alive?"  he asks me and turns his head to look back up at the ceiling.  

"Yes, your still alive.  Right now you are in a building that I found.  So we are still on Minion island."  I tell him and he continues to stare up at the ceiling.  "I see......Law!"  He yells and trys to sit up causing me to grab him and lay him back down.  

"Please do not get up!  Your still very injured....I assume Law will be alright.  Though the navy will be staying here for a couple days to do investigation.  I was able to get some more supplies for you and was able to take you to shelter for the time being."  I inform Rosinante. 

He stares up at me.  "I see.  Thank you....Rizu right?"  he asks earning a nod from me.  I sigh out and look outside, sitting down beside him.  

"So how are you feeling?"  I ask him again.  He glances at me and smiles slightly.  "In pain but I guess that's a good thing considering that I'm still alive."  he jokes.  I look over at him and sigh out slightly.  "I guess so.....So, what are you going to do now?"  I ask him since he saved Law but considering that he is still alive that Doffy guy might not be happy.  

Rosinante hums a bit before speaking "I'm not sure.  I'm worried about Law though, I wonder how he is doing..."  he says and I look at him taking in his facial features as he worries about the boy.  

"You really care about him don't you?"  I say and he smiles brightly.  "Of course!"  he says immediately.  I continue to look at him "Is he your son?  Or something?"  I ask him and watch his face turn into a happy smile.  "No....but he is kinda like a son to me I guess."  I nod my head.

'Son...and...Father love and their bond...How nice.'  I say to myself smiling bitterly and sadly underneath my mask.  'I want that as well.....Maybe one day, I can get him to acknowledge me one day and receive his love.'  

Rosinante turns his head and looks at me.  "What are you doing on an island like this?  Much less on a mission like this?  It's dangerous especially dealing with pirates, you know."  he asks me while raising his brow.  I turn to look at him and I clench my hands a bit.  "Um...Like I told you before.  I've been with the Navy for a while and I tend to move bases quite often like every couple years to learn under a new officer or higher ups.  Though this time I choose a base here in the North Blue and wanted to come on this mission.  I guess you could label me as a marine in training."  I say to him and he continues to stare at me.  

"Is something the matter?"  I say to him and he opens his mouth.  "Why do you wear that mask?  I saw you take it off earlier when you treated me the first time."  I look away from him and touch the mask.  "Sorry you had to see that.  It was easier to work and without the mask so I could see the wounds since I didn't know how bad they were."  I say and look out the cracked window.  

He blinks his eyes and holds a look of confusion.  "Why are you sorry??  It was fine that you took it off."  he says.  I turn back to look at him.  "It's nothing then.  I just have some reasons why I wear it."  I say and change the topic.  

"Rosinante-san.  The marines will leave in a day or two.  Do you want to come back with us, since I heard that you are a commander.  Or do you want to stay here and go off on your own?"  I ask wondering what this man will do.