Chapter 37: New Ship, New Destination

Rizu POV 

"Thank you for purchasing our latest boats!"  the man said as he rubbed his hands together as we stood outside where the boats and smaller ships were docked.  I nodded my head at the man and passed him over a two cases of money.  

He took it happily and walked away as he finished the transaction.  I ran my hand through my hair as I looked at the boat.  

"This is quite the fancy boat that we got....But did we have to buy two?"  Rosi asked me as he stood beside me.  I nodded my head as I moved our bags ans supplies into the new ship as we sold our other one that we had.  "Yes, one's yours and one's mine."  I say and he looks at me and waves his hands around.  

"But we can fit on the same boat right and we could've kept the old one!"  he tells me and I look over at him as I sigh out.  "It's fine.  I don't know if we need to go separate ways eventually so in case we can't find another boat that's good like this one than we'll be fine."  I say as I hope into mine.  

Rosi looks at the two bigger boats and looks back at me.  He sighs out in defeat and nods his head in understanding.  "Plus we won't last too much longer with that small boat of ours."  I say as I look back at it seeing that it had some damage but was comparably smaller with lacking things.  

"Okay then.  But I could've used my share of money."  he said as he hopped on his boat and we both untied the ropes on the dock and pushed off.  "It's fine."  I say with a wave of my hand and grab the rope to tie it to Rosi's boat.  "We'll still be sailing together and we or I can get more money as I see some pirates."  I say and he sweatdrops at me. 

"I thought you are trying to get stronger not become a thief."  he tells me as he leans against the side of the boat as he lights a cigarette.  I chuckle and look down at my log pose.  "Yes, but we need money to get food right and to buy things we want."  I say and adjust the sail.  "But as to getting stronger, I need to find someone stronger than me and have them train me if they'll accept me or something of that sort."  I say as I think back to Akagami. 

"But I'll just have to wait.  Sooner or later someone will show up or I'll just have to find an island to train on.  Plus I've been training as we've bee sailing."  I say as I grab Ryuushi and start to wipe and clean the blade. 

Rosi nods his head and blows out smoke.  "I know, sometimes it shocks me on how you were able to just train on this sea with that little boat and you were able to do it."  he tells me as he adjusts the sail as he looks down at his own Log Pose.  I chuckle and nod my head.  

"I promised myself and to some other people that I would get stronger over the years that are to come.  And that I'll be strong enough for them."  I say as place Ryuushi down and do my other convertible spear.  

Rosi takes his mask off fully and smiles at me.  "That's nice.  I wonder how Law is doing."  He says out as he looks up into the sky.  I smile at him under my mask.  "I think he'll be fine.  After all you went to the lengths of helping him and giving him the Opi Opi no Mi."  I say as I put haki through the spear and watch as it turns black.  

"Yes...But Doffy....." Rosi trails off as he sighs and lights up another cigarette.  "From what Doffy knows is that the marines took him in and he can't get him now."  I say as I twirl the spear in my hand.  

"Speaking of that.  Who was the boy who the marines picked up?"  Rosi asks me with a curious look as I make the spear smaller and move both the spears off to the side and start to do push ups.  "The boy?  His name was Drake.  He was apparently the son of that pirate who held the Opi Opi no Mi which you stole from.  He's older than me by a good couple of years.  But Doffy had killed his father, it was written in the report."  I inform the man as I count in my head.