Chapter 23: Dreams and Bonds

Rizu POV 

"Luffy, put more strength into your arms."  I say as I watch them spar.  "Oh!"  Luffy says to me as he charges in at Sabo.  Luffy's arm stretches and punches the ground as it hits around the trees missing Sabo.  Allowing Sabo to punch Luffy and win. I sigh lightly and pick Luffy up from the ground.  

"Good job."  I say with the pat on the head.  Ace puts a mark on the board and totals it up making it the hundred matches in the day.  "Let's go to town and sell some of the alligator hide that we got."  Ace says now that they finished.  The three boys looked at each other and smiled.  

Luffy looked towards me.  "Ne ne!  Rizu want to come?"  he asks me and I look down at them seeing anticipation in all of their eyes.  I chuckle and shake my head.  "Sorry, I think I'll pass.  I'll head back to Dadan's with you and finish up some chores."  I say.  "You don't have to.  Just come with us."  Ace says as he leans the pole on his shoulder.  

I shake my head and start going back with them following me.  "We'll see.  If need be, I'll go find you guys in the city."  I say and they sigh.  "Yes yes."  Ace says with the roll of the eye.  

We soon make it back to Dadan's as I head inside and the three of them put the hide on a cart and wrap ropes around it.  "I'll see you guys later."  I say with a smile and they wave and head back into the forest.  

I shift the mask on the top of my head, then go to grab some supplies as I start to clean up the house a bit before dinner. 

________

After finishing some chores I decided to head back into the forest to watch the sunset.  Finally finding the ledge that had a good view I sat down in the shade, behind some shrubs as it was a perfect place to watch the sun and relax.  

Soon enough I started to drift into sleep. 

__________

Later

I was awoken by voices.  I rubbed my eyes and peered through the bush seeing the three boys.  "Of course he is!  Spit it out Sabo!"  I hear Ace yell.  "Do you think it's right to keep secrets from each other?"

"Speak up!"  Ace and Luffy say ganging up on Sabo.  I stay in my spot watching and listening to them.  "I told it's nothing..."  Sabo says.

Ace turns to grab Sabo's collar.  "Tell us already or I'll beat you up!"  Ace says with Luffy also shaking him, making Sabo agree.  "I- I'll tell you."

.......

"Wha!! The son of a noble!"  Luffy shouts as my eyes widen a bit. Letting out a small huff, I lay back down on the grass. 

"Who?"  Ace and Luffy ask as I sweatdrop at the two.  "I am!" Sabo yells and hear Luffy and Ace nonchalantly say "So?" 

I smile slightly hearing that answer.  "You wanted to know!"  Sabo yelled.  "The truth is, my parents are both alive."  Sabo explains as I eavesdrop some more.  "I'm not an orphan and I didn't grow up in the grey terminal either.  The man who called out to me today....was my father." 

"I lied to you.  I'm sorry."  Sabo says and Luffy speaks up.  "Because he apologized.  I'll forgive you."  Luffy says and I slightly chuckle at that.  While Ace speaks up soon after.  "Honestly I'm quite shocked.  If you were born a noble why did you go to that place?"  Ace asks. 

I close my eyes as I listen in to Sabo's answer saying how his parents just wanted him to preserve their wealth and position in the family.  I tightened my hands and opened my eyes as I stared up at the sky.