Chapter 56: Another One is Out on the Seas

Time Skip 1 year and a half

Rizu POV 

Slightly yawning as I cover my mouth, now that I had changed my mask into a half mask to wear on ship.  

"Morning."  I hear as I turn around to see Vista walk over as I lean on the railing of the deck.  I smile and reply back 

"Morning.  Are we having a match today?"  I ask as I smile at him as I grab Ryushi and twirl it around.  

Hearing him chuckle, he nods his head.  "Sure.  You've been getting better but of course not enough to beat me yet."  Vista comments as he smirks and rubs his mustache.  I sigh out as I grin at him.  

"Yes of course,  I still have a long way to go."  I say as I look up seeing a newspaper bird head down. 

"I'll come find you for our match later.  I'm going to get a newspaper."  I say as I wave him goodbye as I hear him lightly chuckle.  

Walking down to the bird, where other members are already grabbing their newspapers and opening them up.  As I take a newspaper and slip the bird the money, I walk away to some crates and sit on it. 

Opening the newspaper, I scan through it and freeze.  A wide grin makes it way onto my face as a couple members who pass by me pick up on my smile.  Something that they have just recently gotten used to as I had just recently changed my mask, as I was more comfortable and it was easier to wear. 

As I bring the newspaper closer to my face, I trace my hand over the small section where he showed up.  'He finally set out to sea.  He's gonna start making trouble in the Grand line.'  I smile as it said that a new pirate named Portgas D. Ace had started his own pirate crew called the Spade Pirates.  

I smirk even wider as it read that he had rejected becoming a Seven Warlords.  'Ace you're coming even faster than I thought you would be.'     

I couldn't help but smile at the paper full of excitement.  "Whatcha smiling about Rizu?" Namur walked up to me as he raised his brow.  Turning my paper around to show him the newspaper.  

"Did you read the papers?"  I ask as I point to the section I was looking at. 

"Hm?  No not yet."  He said as he took the paper from my hands.  As I looked at him read the paper and nod his head.  "Oh, a new pirate had started trouble somewhere in the beginning of the Grand Line it seems."  He tells me as I nod my head and take the paper back. 

"Yeah, I'm quite excited to see him in the Grand Line.  I wonder how strong he is now.  Or what his crew is like.  I'm quite curious actually."  I comment with a smile plastered on my face as I fold up the newspaper nicely.  Hopping off the crate, I wave to Namur.  

"Let's train in a bit Namur!  I'll go bother Vista." I say as he smiles back at me as I head to my room to put the newspaper away.  

________________

3rd POV 

Rizu could be seen walking around deck with a bright and happy aura around her.  Even if she didn't smile as big as before, anyone on board could tell that she was in a good mood.  They could say it was a big change as they couldn't see her face too much before.  But now that she changed to a half masked, it allowed them to get a better grasp on her emotions.  

Though if anything, they were joyed to see her smile.  Even they didn't see her full face, it still made some members gush about how cute and nice her smile was.  

"Why she all smiley about?"  Fossa asked as he looked towards Rakuyo who stroked his chin as they watched their female member head up to Vista.  

"Hm?  I guess you could say she's smiling?  She seems happy more than anything.  But its quite a sight to see." He responds.  As then the first commander cuts in as he leans next to them.  

"Indeed its quite nice to see her smile or see a bit more of her, as she was closed off in the beginning.  But I guess seeing that she changed her mask shows that she's opening up to us more."  Marco stated with a smile on his own face. 

______________

Rizu POV

"Vista."  I call out as he turns around and grins at me.  "I want to train now, if that's alright with you."  I say as I pull out Ryushi.  

"Oh it seems like your more energetic today."  He comments making me chuckle and nod my head.  

"I guess you could call it that."  I say as he walks towards an empty space where non of the other members were occupying, which was used to train for me. 

Following him, I watch as he takes out his blades and smirks at me.  "I'll be nice and let you attack first."  He says as I scan his form and give him a small smile.  

"Why thank you!"  I say as I lunge forward and strike with a grin on my face.  Normally I would be training without a smile, but I could hardly keep this feeling at bay, making this more fun than normal. 

As we crash blades, we push against each other as I sweep my leg to hit him as he dodges and jumps back.  "It's my turn!"  he announces to me as he comes running in and sends his attack which I evade and block.  

As we continue to fight and clash swords, I could faintly hear other members talking and going along with their duties.  The whole time I was fighting Vista a smile remained on my face.  "You're smiling a lot today.  How unusual doing training."  Vista comments as I grin a little wider. 

"I can't seem to help it today, Vista.  I found something quite interesting that got me riled up."  I state as I clench my muscles and clash my sword against his harder.  

"Oh is that so?"  he says calmly as he sends me tumbling back.  As I skid a couple feet away from him, I get back to my stance as I swing Ryushi around. 

"Yeah, I feel like I can't be outdone by him just yet.  I need to make sure I get stronger.  I can't fall behind in the Grand Line!"  I announce as I evade his oncoming attack and without noticing it until the last moment, I couldn't evade Vista's other sword.  

Which ends up hiding my side with the hilt as I cough and back away.  Regaining my composure, I narrow my eyes at him as I calm my breath.  Lunging forward we continue our onslaught of attacks and parries that we do with our blades. 

A long while after, I fall to the ground out of breath as sweat drips down from my face.  "Ah, I got in more hits than usual Vista."  I say with a grin as I set my weapon down and hold onto my stomach. 

"Hahaha.  I guess so.  You're getting better and faster than I thought.  Your moves are faster and sharper than before.  Plus I can say that physically you've been getting stronger as well."  Vista comments making me sigh out and smile.  

"Well I hope so.  I've been practicing with you for more than a year?  Even with the others as well.  Sure I lack in areas but I think for sure, I'm getting stronger."  

"You are, so take a rest."  I hear as a hand comes down on my head.  Looking up I see Thatch standing there above me as he passes Vista and I a drink.  Taking it, I start drinking it.  

"But I do have to ask why you are so happy and energetic today?  And even for you to extend over the normal you train with Vista?"  Thatch asks as I wipe some sweat that drips down. 

I chuckle as I send him a wide smile.  "Did you read the papers Thatch?"  I ask as I pick myself up the floor.  

"Hm no?"  He responds as put Ryushi back in its place.  

"I read something in the papers and it made me quire excited."  I say vaguely as I stretch my arms out feeling a bit sore. 

"Hmmm, is that it?"  he asks as I nod my head and tuck some hair behind my ear.  

"Yep~  Pretty much, though I'm waiting for to see him in the Grand Line.  I look forward to seeing how strong he is."  I state as Thatch raises a brow. 

I chuckle seeing him still curious as I pass him the cup.  "Don't worry about it.  I have a feeling that you'll be meeting him soon."  I say as I walk away.     

"Who?" he questions as Vista and Thatch look at me expectantly. 

Turning around to give them a smile, "One of the boys who I grew up with. Portgas D. Ace." I explain and turn around again to do some chores. 

"My cute little brother."