Chapter 52: Become One of Us

Rizu  POV

'Ah....I'm so nervous!' I scream to myself as I feel my hands starting to sweat as White beard stares down at me in silence.  Hearing the small 'Click' of the door closing I slowly look up to see White beard. 

Glancing around the room, as I felt I was staring too much.  I noticed how he had multiple medical equipment in this room along with bottles of alcohol and his large bed.  'Thinking about it, no one would really know if I died here.  I could be easily chucked out of the window and be thrown into the sea...'  I think to myself as if it was something normal that could happen.  

The sunlight from the early afternoon shines through the small window in this room as the distant laughs and men talking could be heard.  

"Lad, what is your name?"  White beard speaks as he sets his cup down and scans me again.  I gulp, swallowing my nervousness down.  "Rizu.  My name is Rizu D. Tamashiro."  I say.

"Do you know why you are here?"  White beard asks as he watches my every moment.  I look up at him meeting his gaze as I shake my head slightly as I clench my hands behind my back.  "I do not.  However."  I began as I scan his face making sure it was alright to continue. 

Seeing that he nodded his head, I continue my sentence.  "I was told that your crew members had saved me from drowning and allowed me to get treated here, on your ship.  I am very thankful to you and your crew."  I express as I give him a stiff bow.  I wince underneath my mask as  I feel my wounds ache and pulling on the stitches.  

"Oh?"  White beard mumbles out  as a small smirk makes its way onto his face.  I return back to my original position as I look back up again.  

As I observe White beard's face it seems that he is in thought and pondering something at the moment.  "Are you that confident in your skills to roam these seas without a crew?.... What's your reason for sailing?"  He asks as he found questions he wanted to ask me.  I furrow my brows slightly as I heard his first question. 

"Confident in my skills?"  I question as I look down at the ground.  'Confident...Huh?  No I'm not confident in my skills to fight against strong opponents.  I'm still lacking in skills and experience.  Sure, I may be strong compared to some others so far.  Sure, I practiced and trained relentlessly through the years up till now.'  I clench my fists as I think deeply about his question.  'It took all my effort and hard work to get to my level where I can fight decently.  Haki....Yeah I know it and can use the basics.  Fighting and strength, yes, I may be stronger than most girls.  But confidence in the Grand line and forward...' 

I slowly lift my head up to meet White beard's questioning gaze.  "No, I'm not confident.  I'm not overly confident my skills that I can hold off against strong opponents. I'm still lacking in many ways. When I first entered the Grand Line I had entered with a friend of mine. However, a couple months ago we had separated."  I answer his question as I move onto the next one.  "To answer your other question.  The reason why I sail and roam the Grand line is to become stronger.  I can't remain weak and useless, in order to protect those dear to me.  That's why I'm searching."  

White beard raises an eyebrow at me.  "Searching?  What are you searching for exactly?"  He questions as he tires to grasp on the type of person I am.  But he also has a smirk, an amused one on his face.  

"Searching for the strength that I need.  Whether if it's people who I can fight against to make me stronger or meet a man to train me."  I say as I think of Rayleigh from my dream.  'He is the one I'm searching for...' 

A moment of silence follows to which I shift slightly in my spot, wondering if I said something off that perhaps offended the man in front of me.  But before I could question myself further he laughed loudly as it boomed across the walls, surprising me.