Chapter 53: Welcome To The Crew

Rizu POV 

Sighing out I run my hand through my hair as I walk down the hall.  Underneath my mask, I feel my face heating up in embarrassment at what happened earlier. 

'I cried so much and shown such an embarrassing sight to White beard!  Ah, this is so embarrassing.'  I think to myself as I make my way back to the infirmary.  

standing in front of the infirmary I open the door and step inside seeing the two commanders who saved me and Akio, the three of them talking. I gently close the door and make my way to the group. 

Hearing my steps, the two men turn around and look at me up and down.  I raise my brow at this as I walk over seeing that the nurses have left and went off somewhere. 

"It seems you're back."  Marco speaks up as he sends a smile my way and I nod at his words.  

"Ah!  Rizu!  You're back!  You took a while, you okay?"  Akio asks as he springs off the bed and runs over to me.  A small smile graces my lips under the mask as I pat his head seeing him cling onto my waist.  Now noticing that his height was around my hip.  

"Yeah of course I'm okay."  I say as I glance back at the two men.  I tilt my head slightly seeing the two of them staring at me, with a look of amusement.

Sighing out slightly I bow towards the two, I see them now with slightly wide eyes, surprised at my actions. 

"I haven't had the chance to thank you two yet.  So, thank you for saving me a couple days back and allowing me to get treated.  I greatly appreciate what you've done for me.  If there's anything that I can do to repay you guys than let me know during my stay here." I say with sincerity in my voice. 

"Ah, that's no problem.  I'm glad to see you up and moving."  Thatch states with a smile as he shifts in his spot.  My eyes widen slightly.  

'He's glad?'  I think to myself as I nod my head slightly. 

 "Well I heard you talked to Pops, so what do you think about joining the crew?"  Marco began as I smile slightly under my mask. 

I pull out a stool as Akio goes back to the bed and the three of them look at me expectantly. 

"Joining the crew?"  I ask as I cross my legs. Leaving a moment of silence, I watch their expressions carefully before I speak up again.

"Yes, I will be joining the crew for the mean time." I see their faces contort into confusion.   "White beard made a deal with me."  I explain as the two men raise their eyebrows as lean forward slightly. 

"Deal?"  Marco asks as he furrows his brow slightly.  I nod my head.  

"A deal that I'll be joining your crew.  However, I will be leaving this crew in the future, as I have already made a promise to a friend of mine that I would be his member under his flag.  Even knowing this White beard had accepted me."  I say as I lean my head on my palm, looking at these commanders.  

"I was quite surprised myself.  You and your captain are surprisingly kind and welcoming. But seeing a glimpse of this crew, I look forward to these years ahead.  But also that's why for the years that I am staying here, I'll pledge my loyalty and myself under the White Beard flag."  I state as I see their confused faces and the two turn to look at each other before it turns into a smile as the two chuckle lightly.  

"Hahah, Pops is still surprising us in many ways.  But that also tells us that he liked you enough to make that deal. Along with Marco."  Thatch states as he smiles brightly at me and points his finger smirking at Marco.