Chapter 2: A Prodigy Marine

A sound of metal hitting against each other could be heard clashing against each other across the training ground at a marine base.

A young masked girl training in the mid day going against fellow marines, the only difference is that the marines she's facing are older and has bigger build and body structure compared to the younger smaller girl. 

"Ugh" came out of the older male marine as he landed on the ground after being defeated by the younger girl.  She stands strong and steady as she looks at her now defeated opponent.  She gives her hand out to the fallen marine, only for her hand to be swatted away with rude remarks. 

She retreats her hand back as the commander and higher up marine dismisses training for the group of marines.  As the girl places back the weapon in the racks she feels glares and condescending stares boring into her.  She walks away from the training ground to get her lunch along with the rest of the marines stationed.  

As she makes her way to the cafe a bunch of whispers and stares continue as the young girl makes her way in line to leave shortly after receiving her lunch. 

Whispers and words directed at her, consisting of 

"Creepy"

"Why does she wear that mask?  It's so weird."

"Weird?  Its weird that a young girl like that can beat opponents that are double her size."

"Her age and size is outrageous for the things she does." 

"Weird.  Creepy.  Strange.  Outcast." 

She ignores these words, making her way to her usual eating spot that's on the beach North side of the base.   

It's not just at this base where she gets such treatment, it's at marine HQ and many other bases that she has been stationed at.  Cruel and judgmental words and stares directed at her.  

For years, the young girl has walked down similar halls and paths where she has heard the same comments.  Whether an admiral or a higher up marine were to be there, they would say nothing and continue on.  Even at times higher ranking officers would also have the same comments and attitude towards her.  Even her own father.  

Years of training and overworking her small body to practice to train.  To become stronger.  Many times, too many to count of when she received bruises and cuts from training and going against others.  Years of going through harsh and strict practice when her father created a regimen for her to follow.  Beatings when she couldn't do things properly.  

To much of everything.  For that all the marines and everyone knew her for was the prodigy marine.  The small girl who shows strength and talent to become a great marine.  

The young masked girl sits down at the ledge looking out to the sea and the beach.  She unfolds the sandwich that she got from the cafeteria and lifts off her mask so you could only see her mouth.  

Footsteps could be heard behind her as they approached.  "Gahahah! Rizu! How are you gonna grow if you eat a puny meal like that!"  A man's gruff voice could be heard saying the girl's name.  In response she turned around and looked to see the individual.

"Ah Garp-san."  the masked girl known as Rizu says in response.  "When I'm done, we can train if that is alright for you." she said. 

"Gahahaha!  Working hard as ever!"  the older man says while scarfing down his meal as he sits down next to the girl.  Both of them eating as they look out onto the ocean.  

"Garp-san, why do you always come here and train me?  Many other marines don't like me, even though I try to be nice to them.....Don't you find me weird and strange as well? "  Rizu says as she finishes her meal and places the full mask back on.