Chapter 9: Instructor Zephyr

A couple years later (Rizu is 13)

Rizu POV 

Being stationed in the North Blue for a couple of years.  Training and working with Drake along with other marines.  However with the years coming by, it was time for me to move or train with new instructors yet again.  

After the mission on Minion Island, that night I had sent Rosi-san off, things went smoothly and the missing boat incident was covered up when some of the pirates that we had captured managed to get above deck and try to escape.  

Though that was taken care of, I was dropped off at the station where I was before to train.  Vice Admiral Tsuru and some of the marines, seeing that Drake had no where to go decided it would be best for him to become a marine instead of a pirate like his father.  Small information like this was whispered and some told to me by Drake himself. 

Training through the past years with Drake made us close.  In the beginning, well it was awkward and strange talking or making small talk with each other at times.  We were both on the quieter side where I enjoyed my own time since the only person who I really talked to was Garp which made me more talkative then before.  Though having his company was nice.  But slowly overtime, we became more comfortable with each other and fought against each other for training as well.  

_________

I pack my stuff up in my two bags.  One bag had my clothes and a couple of masks that I had made.  While the other bag held medical supplies and my weapons, like the spear that Garp had gifted me.  

I walk over to the mirror and look at myself.  I see my longer black hair that goes past my shoulders now and my face still covered by my full mask that had the same design I had been using for the past years.  My body had gotten bigger with more muscle and taller.  I take off my mask to look at my face for a while.  My hand traces over my face seeing that it resembled more like my mothers and my grey eyes piercing back at me.  

I sigh out lightly and put my mask back on.  'Worry about him later.  You probably won't see him and he won't come see you.  I need to leave.' I told myself snapping out of my other thoughts that had clouded my brain.  

I picked up my bags off the ground and took one last look around the room to see if I had everything and stopped seeing a picture frame on the desk.  It was a small picture that held me in it with the men here at the base along with Drake.  The photo commemorated the time celebrating the base and it's members.  I smiled a little bit seeing that the men here were slightly better and warmed up to me.  I let out a breath of air.  "It was also different since Drake was here."  I said to myself and picked it up and opened my bag.  

I put the picture in my bag safely with my clothes and walked out of my room.  I shut the door behind me and walk down the corridor making my way out of base and towards the ship where they are bringing in some more recruits and it will also take me back to marine HQ, where I'll be assigned a new location.  

As I got outside I saw Drake standing off to the side where other marines were around the area as well getting ready to salute.  I made my way over to stand next to Drake.  "Hey."  I said drawing in his attention.  He looked down at me with a small smile.  "Rizu, so I guess you are leaving and being assigned to a new base already."  he said.  I nodded and his face contorted back to a stern face.  I stood there waiting for the captain of this base to come out at any second. 

"Thanks for training with me.  It was nice and here."  I say pulling out a small keychain mask which had my design but changed up a bit to suit Drake's style.  I lay it in his hands and he looks at me with a look.  "A gift, for standing up for me against those guys back then."  I chuckle lightly "And for being a good sparing partner."  I say.