Chapter 33: Adventure to the Beginning

Rizu POV 

I have sailed the seas for a while and finally made it Loguetown.  The last stop which I will make before I enter the Grand Line.

The wind blows my black locks back and I pull down my mask on my face as the island gets closer.  I get ready to dock as I come closer and untie the rope to wrap it around the post.  

The boat bumps into the dock on the edge which I parked further away from all the pirate ships and boats.  I jump off my boat and grab my bag as I walk into the city.  

As I walk in the city through the streets I stop and look at a weapons store.  As I pass by it a weapon catches my attention and I walk inside.  "Welcome!"  the man says as he smiles and welcomes me in his store to look. 

I walk around the store and see a wide selection of swords that are in barrels and hung on the wall.  I make my way over to the spear that had caught my attention and grab it off the wall.  The man's eyes widen as he makes his way over to me.  

"Miss!  Are you planning on buying that?!" he asks me with wide eyes and I turn my head to face him.  "Hmm.  Maybe..."  I say as I hold it in my hand and take a good look at the blade portion seeing it was a large blade that was straight on on side and curved on the other.  The blade held a unique edging and color on it.  As the handle was black with some red streaks on it.  

I continue to look at it and spin it in my hand easily.  "Miss!!!!"  The man shrieks as he falls down and scurries away from me.  "Don't you know what that spear is!!!?  It's Ryuushi!  Nicknamed as dragon's death."  he yells at me and I turn my head at him.  "No?  What is this spear?  It's interesting and well made..." I ask. 

The man nods frantically.  "This spear was handed down throughout the seas.  Its a cursed spear, much like a cursed sword.  It was made by a well known smith but that was his last weapon he made before he had died, but the thing is some say it holds souls of previous owners in it as it gives off that gleam and that blade was often known to have shed blood easily with it's sharpness.  Almost like..... "  the man tells me and trails as he gets off the floor.  "Some say just like it's name, the victims say that they see a dragon's glint before they are cut by this spear."  the man finishes with a shiver. 

I look closer at the blade and twirl it in my hands for a while.   I smile under my mask and look down at my blunt convertible spear.  "Sir, I'll take this one."  I say and he looks at me with wide eyes.  "Girl you sure?!  That was passed to me and has been quite the spear!  The men who have seen it passed right by and didn't even want to touch it."  he warned me with a shaken face.  

I nodded my head and walked to the counter.  "I'll take it."  I say and he sweatdrops.  "Your crazy..."  he mumbles and I pull out my wallet and he sighs.  "I'll give it to you for 5,000 belli."  he tells me and my eyes widen under the mask.  "5,000 belli?  That's not enough for this."  I say and he shakes his head.  "I've been wanting to get rid of it.  It seems to chase away the customers when they see it.  So take it.  Plus it's a first seeing someone like you go easily swinging something that heavy around."  he says with a smile. 

I chuckle a bit and pull my spear off my belt.  "Can I have this sharpened?"  I ask and hand it over to him.  His eyes widen and examines it.  "What is this?"  he asks and traces over the handle and pushes the button which causes it to open.  This catches him off guard and flails his arms around.  

As he goes back to hold it.  I put down the money.  "A convertible spear,  it's been dull and I've wanted to get it sharpened for a while, but with some fighting and the years spent with it.  It's got quite brittle."  I say with fondness.  He looks up at me and chuckles.