Chapter 3 - Dreams and Portkey

It was a rather misty as he entered the alleyway. Cold, hungry and exhausted. He felt as if he ran for ages when really it was only an hour.

"Hoh? Hey, look at what I found here." 

Vincent turned around to see four drunk men grinning as they surrounded him. He tried to run, only to be kicked in the stomach, sending him sprawling to the ground, gasping for air.

"What do you want to do with him?" 

"Who knows, sell him, beat him, or perhaps..." One of the men knelt on the ground and grabbed a fistful of Vincent's hair, only to see two specks of golden eyes staring back. No fear, just acceptance. "Oh, boys look at this kid's eyes, oh they'll be seeing real gold soon if we—"

SHNK!

The sound of something sinking into flesh resounded. The man's eyes widened in horror as a shard of glass seemingly appeared on his hand, the one that held Vincent.

"ARGHHHHHH!" He let go and clutched his hand in pain as the rest of the group turned to see who did it.

"Now, normally I don't give a damn about what's happening," a blond boy, looking to be in his late teens or early adulthood walked towards the group. He ducked down to scoop up a piece of broken concrete which he smashed against the ground, splitting it into plenty of pieces. "But, this 'king' is really not in a good mood, you better run...cause I'm not showing any mercy."

"As if—?!" One of the men began before his head snapped upwards, his hands clutched his throat as if he was choking on something. A large piece of concrete smashed into his jaw, making him slump to the ground unconscious.

Another screamed as he held his eyes, blood flowing down his hands as he knelt on the ground.

"Why you!" one man yelled as he rushed forward, blocking his face with his arms. 

The blond boy merely flicked a piece of concrete forwards. It landed on the ground before being stepped on by the man, making him stumble forwards. He held out his hands, only to see a metal tipped boot coming up towards his chin.

CRACK!

The sounds of a muffled groan, and the breaking of bones echoed throughout the alley as the man slumped to the ground, blood flowing from his mouth. The boy glanced at the remaining man, standing there, trembling with the piece of glass embedded in his hand. He sighed as he pulled out a silver pistol and aimed it at the man who quickly held up one of his 'friends' to block the bullet.

The boy sighed as he aimed above the man and shot.

BANG! TINK!

The man fell to the ground in pain as he held his foot, now bleeding. The boy just sighed as he looked up at the steel railing above the man.

"Great, shots gonna attract some attention," he muttered as he started walking out, only to feel a tug on his pants. He glanced down to see Vincent looking up at him. "The hell do you want kid?"

"Teach me," the boy raised a brow.

The two of them stared at each other for a brief minute before the boy shrugged the Vincent off. "As if..."

Vincent looked at the boys back growing smaller as he got further and further away. He then got up and ran after the older boy's back, trying to not lose sight of it.

...

Vincent opened his eyes groggily as he held his head. He sat up from his bed and turned his head to the snores of Ron Weasley whom was stationed next to him. He sighed as he started getting changed.