Chapter 18 - Forgot The Damned Map

'Lost appeal, they're going to execute at sunset. Nothing you guys can do. Don't come down. I don't want to see any of you.'

The group looked at the letter sent by Hagrid in a grim silence.

"We can't let him be alone," Harry said. "He can't sit there on his own waiting for the executioner to come!"

"We'd never be allowed out though..." Ron began before Hermione of all people cut him off.

"Invisibility cloak, we'll all go, agreed?" Hermione said immediately.

"One problem Hermione, five of us won't fit underneath it," Vincent pointed out.

"Oh, that's true," Hermione looked thoughtful for bit.

As they were discussing their plans, the portrait opened up to reveal Professor McGonagal looking around the room before her eyes settled on them. She approached their table, eyeing Vincent.

"Professor Snape would like to see you Mr. Wong," she said. "It seems he needs you for the rest of the evening.

Vincent grimaced and looked back at the group. 

Afte McGonagall left, Vincent got up. "Don't wait for me, knowing the Professor, it's going to take a while."

"Just ditch him, Hagrid is more important..." muttered Ron.

"You do know who Professor Snape is right?" Vincent asked. "I ditch, and he'll absolutely murder me. Not to mention Hagrid could get into more trouble if I was found out."

"Just go, Hagrid will understand," Hermione assured. 

Vincent just nodded as he packed his books. He shifted his bag over his shoulder. "Well, i'm off. Seeya."

Vincent, followed by Arnya made his way to the dungeons. 

...

Sirius was out strolling through the woods with nothing but a certain rat on his mind. He heard a meow behind him, finding Crookshanks right beside him. Giving the cat a nod, he continued on his walk, stopping as he saw three figures exit Hagrid's hut walking by the Hippogriff.

Sirius instantly recognised Harry, the boy and his father looked so very much alike that it was almost uncanny. It brought him some undescribed pain and joy to see the boy so healthy.

"...calm down Scabbers!" the red-headed boy said, making Sirius' mind go completely blank.

Looking closer, he noticed that the boy was holding a struggling figure, a rat of sorts. Rage and excitement clouded his head, making him rush to the edge of the forest, not noticing two figures approaching the Hippogriff behind him.

"Tonight, tonight is where you get everything that's coming to you, Peter," Sirius thought with rage as he and Crookshanks rushed out.

...

"Keep an eye on the cauldron's while I settle some matters," Snape instructed as he grabbed a smoking goblet of sorts, holding a potion of some kind. "If I see even one of them deteriorate, then the ingredients wasted will come out of your wallet."

"The heck? Your the one who asked me to look after this, why am I being punished for it?!" Vincent grumbled under his breath, making Snape stop at the door, giving him an evil eye.

"Is there a problem?"

"No, sir!" Vincent stood a little straighter as he continued stirring.

Snape just kept glaring before making his way out the door. "Once I return, you can go."