Chapter 7 - Walking Willows

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Malfoy woke up with a start and sat up in his bed. His arm was in a sling due to the incident with Buckbeak. However, it was worn only for looks to exaggerate his injury.

"The hell is going on outside," he thought glumly and walked to the window, only for him to frown.

He rubbed his eyes, feeling like he must have seen wrong due to being tired, before looking again. His face turned pale as he looked at the school grounds...

Or what's left of it anyway...

The once green grass was now all burned to a crisp, deep crater-like holes were everywhere, there were noticeable frost marks that made a stark contrast to the burnt grounds and lighting kept striking down onto the field every ten or so seconds, creating the sound that woke Malfoy up.

He stood there blank-faced before falling to the ground with a thud, fainting.

...

"Is it over Nyx?" Vincent asked, safely in his hut. He looked just as bad as the grounds outside, clothes singed with a large hole at the chest and his hair spiking up with bits of frost in it.  Nyx gave an 'O' shaped sign with her hands, signaling the coast was clear.

Vincent took a peek out the door and made a complicated expression as he looked at the ruined school grounds. He carefully walked towards a few twigs and started rummaging through it before finding a small red gem. He repeated this action of his, collecting a yellow, white and finally light blue gem, all cracked, and pocketed it.

"Maybe no one would know it was me...?" Vincent thought hopefully before feeling a large chilling pressure standing behind him.

"Vincent, Wong," the two words were spoken slow, steady, and full of power. Vincent stood as straight as a pole as he turned stiffly to see Snape, McGonagall, Flitwick, and many other teachers, all glaring at him.

"Morning Professors," Vincent weakly smiled, "nice morning isn't it?"

"Oh yes, what a wonderful day to wake up," McGonagall said with a noticeable stain in her voice, "Nice grey clouds that rain thunder, snow in September, grounds that looked like demons themselves have walked upon and craters that seem...I don't even know how to describe it, but yes, ignore all that and it is indeed a 'nice morning' isn't it Mr. Wong?"

A lightning bolt struck a distant tree, making collapse. McGonagall glared at the sky before muttering a spell that was fired into the air. Soon, the clouds started to disperse, revealing the bright blue skies that were hidden behind.

"Uhh, it could be worse," Vincent immediately regretted his words as he felt the gazes of everyone present on him. McGonagall went completely silent and turned to Snape who glanced back with an equally blank expression.

"Severus, I would like to issue the punishment if you don't mind," Professor McGonagall said to Snape who nodded in agreement.

"Do as you wish," Snape then grabbed the back of Vincent's cuff and lifted him. He then began walking towards the castle, "first a meeting with the Headmaster is in order."

"Ow, Professor, my neck hurts," Vincent said as he was dragged off, "ahh, you're choking me, I'm going to die, Professor, you can put me down now, I can walk my self you know. I appreciate the lift, but there's no need to strain yourself..."

All the teachers sighed while Flitwick looked gleeful.

"Alright pay up everyone," All the teachers looked at him, "Vincent caused trouble on the first week back, now pay up."

McGonagall and several other teachers glared at Flitwick before passing over several galleons to the now happy man. If Vincent knew that someone had bet on him causing trouble in the first week, he'd probably cry.