Chapter 17 - Day of Execution

If there was one good thing that came out of that day, it was that Hermione and Ron managed to make up. But that happiness was brought along other changes.

Namely Hermione herself.

Because of her excessive use of the time turner, she's been losing a lot of sleep. Vincent's supply has been emptied and would take a while before he's able to make some more. Hermione has started to miss some lessons and even lost her temper in Divination, something that surprised Vincent when he heard, especially when she quit a class.

Being on a short fuse also prompted her to do things she normally wouldn't do...

...Namely slapping Malfoy.

"...seriously can't believe she did that," Vincent exclaimed to Ron as they walked around Hogsmeade with Arnya trailing behind carrying a few bottles of butterbear

"She really needs to cut back on her studies," said Ron, looking at some newspaper with the front page being about Sirius Black. "Think they'll catch him soon?"

Vincent didn't seem to hear, looking extremely out of it.

"Hello? Vince?" Vincent snapped out of his daze as Ron patted him on the back. "You ok bud?"

"Yeah, just fine," Vincent tried to calm all the thoughts raging in his head. "If I don't get Peter, how can I help Sirius. No, what can I say to Sister An? And Hagrid, is there anything I can do? Peter, Sirius, Hagrid, Sister An, am I really doing everything I can to help?"

"No, no, calm down," Vincent shook his head of all negative thoughts. He took a deep breath, letting it out in a long sigh. "Maybe I should create a stress relief potion or something?"

He didn't notice Arnya's gaze throughout that sigh.

As they passed the post office, Vincent had his attention on a certain red envelope.

"This is a howler right?" he asked Ron who shivered.

"I still have bad memories of that thing," he muttered, only to raise an eyebrow as Vincent purchased it. "What are you getting that for?"

"Just out of interest," Vincent said in an offhand manner.

The next week was hell for all of the third years with exams coming up. Hermione had it the worse with her juggling all her subjects to the point where she was on the verge of tears a majority of the time.

Harry on the other hand had his own Quidditch game to prepare for. The final match in fact was coming up and he, along with his team, were going through absolute hellish training to the point where Harry instantly blacked out the moment he hit the bed. There were times when the Slytherins had tried to trip him up, only to have it stomped on by Vincent.

The night before the match, the whole tower were all feeling the pressure of the last Quidditch match, the team especially was noisy with the main attraction in the room being Fred and George cracking jokes. Even Hermione couldn't concentrate.

As everyone was in bed, snoring soundly, Vincent was just messaging Sirius, both relaying their current status about Peter.

Vincent just finished writing before he sat down, letting his tired face show. With every day that went by, his doubt just grew. He had just poured himself a glass of water from the silver jug beneath the window when a voice called him from behind.

"Vince?"

He turned around to see Harry without his glasses. Pouring another glass, he offered it to Harry who gratefully accepted it. "Trouble sleeping?"

"Yeah, you?" Harry sat down on another seat.

Vincent just nodded as Harry couldn't see his tired expression properly without the glasses. "You'll do fine, seriously."