Chapter 8 - The Power of Food and Bludgers

"So Polyjuice potion," Vincent said, "that's how you guys get Malfoy to talk?"

"I mean, how else are we going to do it?" Hermione asked him as they walked to their Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson.

Many students stared at the duo as they walked down the corridors. Vincent sighed.

"Why am I so damn popular," he muttered.

Hermione had her eye twitch as she glared at Vincent, "Let's see, fighting Snape, making food on the level of the gods themselves as well as a potion that could very well kill them. All this, while being a muggle who shouldn't even be here in the first place. Tell me, if that doesn't make you popular, then what does?"

"I really don't know," Vincent said weakly under Hermione's barrage.

"Hey, we could just beat the answer out of Malfoy," Vincent said hoping to change the topic.

A book slapped the top of Vincent's head. Hermione glared at him.

"I deserved that," Vincent chuckled causing her to roll her eyes, "but seriously, we would need to get the recipe from the restricted section. To do that a teacher's permission slip is required. No teacher would be dumb enough to—oh wait, there is one isn't there."

They reached the classroom to find Lockhart role-playing one of the many deeds he's done in his books. Vincent spotted Harry acting like a werewolf. He looked to Vincent for help which was replied with a shrug.

Vincent and Hermione sat down next to Ron as they listened and watched this joke of a lesson.

"Ah, Miss Granger and," Lockhart's face twitched as he spotted Vincent, that destruction was etched into his memory giving him a slight fear of the boy, "Mr. Wong."

"Sorry we were late sir," Hermione said, "we were just grabbing something we left in the library, please forgive us."

"Not a problem at all Miss Granger," Lockhart said cheerfully, "now come, watch as you see a demonstration of how I took down the Wagga Wagga Werewolf!"

"Oh boy," Vincent thought to himself as he watched Harry follow Lockhart's commands unwillingly, "this will be fun."

...

"You think Hermione's got it?" Ron asked watching the bushy-haired girl nervously talk to Lockhart

"She'll be fine," Vincent reassured, "look she's got the signature, he didn't even look at it!"

Hermione nodded to the three indicating that it was time to go.

"Ah Harry, tomorrow is the first Quidditch match of the season, I believe? Gryffindor against Slytherin—"

"Goodbye Professor!" Vincent said as he dragged Harry out, not wanting to hear another one of the man's ridiculous feats.

"Moste Potente Potions?" Madam Pince, the librarian confirmed suspiciously

She took the signature from Hermione's hands before studying it for any signs of forgery. She walked away before coming back with a large and moldy-looking book.

"You indeed fit your title as the Mad Scientist Mr. Wong," she said, "only those that are insane or mad would try half of the potions in this book."

"I'M NOT MAD!" It took all of Vincent's will power not to yell that out as Vincent was handed the book instead of Hermione.

Vincent noticed the other three start to laugh as he walked out with a dark face.

"I'm not mad," they heard him mutter, "you're mad, everyone's mad!"