Chapter 12 - Animorph Potion

"Axel, is that you?"

"Hey Arnya," Axel smiles wryly as he walked across a balcony towards a beautiful black haired girl on a dark red wheelchair. She was dressed in a white gown and had a long sniper rifle on her lap.

"Who was chosen this time?" She asked as she turned around to face him.

"A twelve-year-old boy called Vincent Wong," he said as he leaned on the bars on the balcony, "father thinks that he could be the one."

"How do you feel?" Axel looked into her bright red eyes and scratched his head.

"I just want his approval," he muttered, "but if he ever sees me for who I really am..."

"Enough moping you dolt," she said as she flicked his forehead, "don't ever demean yourself, I won't allow it."

"Heh, my bad."

"So this boy, Vincent, what's he like?" She asked as she looked at the scenery,

Axel thought back to the golden-eyed boy and smiled to himself, "He's a pretty interesting kid."

"If you say so,"she held her hand up, "stay silent for a second."

Axel immediately stopped as she lifted her sniper rifle. Red tendrils of blood slipped into the weapons, making the once black gun have red lines. Arnya lines up a shot at a spot ten kilometres away and held that position before firing.

Even with his enhanced eyes, Axel only managed to catch a small red streak flash across the sky before disappearing.

Ten kilometres away..,

One man was cornering a family as he held his chainsaw.

"Maria, if you won't be with me, then I won't let you be with anyone!" He yelled manically.

"Close your eyes children," the mother said shielding them, "we'll be safe."

"Maria, you take the children away from here," the husband said gritting his teeth as the man walked towards them, "I'll distract him."

"But—," she started before stopping, "ok."

"YOU ALL DONE PRAYING YET?!" The man started running towards them, "IM GROWING TIRED!"

The husband grit his teeth while his wife grabbed her children's hands, just when the husband was about to meet his fate—

BANG!

A small crater appeared in the floor next to the man as he kept running. The husband looked confused as the man slowed down, coming to a stop before collapsing. His eyes widened as he saw the fist size hole in the man's stomach as blood started leaking from the now dead man.

"We're alive?" he thought in disbelief before being hugged by his family, he started crying with happiness, "we're alive!"

Ten kilometres away...

"What was it this time?"

"Just a chainsaw wielding psychopath," Arnya said, "wasn't the weirdest thing I've seen today."

"Out of all the vampires, she might possibly have the greatest eyesight," Axel thought to himself while looking at his sister's red eyes, "it might even be better than fathers. It's a shame she can't walk though."

...

"Ah, Mr. Wong!"

"Mr. Ollivander," Vincent greeted as he walked in the shops, "is it ready?"

"Yes, come here," Ollivander said excitedly.

Vincent looked at the now modified pair of gloves with shining eyes. They were pure black in colour with silver lines etched from the fingers to the back of the glove. At the knuckles, there were small metal pieces that Vincent thought would be great for punching others with. Finally, on the back of the glove, there was a small engraved metal plat with a small flat square hole in the middle.