Chapter 8 - Cloak of Fear

"Here, a crepe with strawberries." Vincent handed a crepe to a first year boy who looked hungrily at the food, "enjoy."

"Thank you!" the boy dropped a couple of sickles into Vincent's hand before he ran off to join his friends who each had one.

*munch munch*

"Crepes do seem pretty popular," Vincent said to himself as he did his homework at the stall, "earning a lot more than I thought I would with these."

*munch munch*

"The library packed with books about cooking," Luna said as she took a bite out of her own crepe. She jotted down a few notes, "What's impressive is that you managed to learn some of the recipes in a week."

*munch munch*

"Well, there were more than a few failures than I'd like to admit," Vincent smiled wryly.

*munch munch*

"...Not to mention," Vincent turned to the other person in the stall, "someone seems to like it a bit too much."

*munch munch*

Arnya's eyes sparkled as she finished her crepe only to grab another on a large platter. She then proceeded to continue munching down on it, finishing it in a few bites. Nyx and Blimp were nibbling one to the side.

*gulp*

Arnya swallowed her bite before seeing Vincent and Luna staring at her with wry smiles, "What?"

"Nothing," they both said at the same time. Arnya looked at them in confusion before shrugging it off. She then grabbed another crepe before eating it.

"You doing ok, Luna?" Vincent asked as he folded his parchment. Luna paused before continuing on with her homework.

"Why do you ask?"

"Just wanted to check in with you," Vincent replied. "I mean, you come here pretty much everyday, you doing alright with school?"

"I'm, fine," Luna said, smiling as she saw Vincent's worried expression. "Really, I'm fine. I'm happy that you're worrying about me, I really am, but I can take care of myself."

"I know that, but still..." Vincent trailed off. He took a deep breath. "Just, well, talk to me if you need help."

"I will," Luna nodded.

"Hey Vince, can I get a crepe with strawberries?" a dark-haired handsome boy asked as he came up to the stand.

"Hey, Cedric," Vincent got up and heated up a pan. "Finished Quidditch practice? Ain't the cold getting to you?"

"You know how it is, practice makes perfect," Cedric Diggory gave Vincent a smile that has made several female students fall for him.

Cedric was one of Vincent's first customers when he started up his stall. With him coming at least once a week, he could be called a regular of Vincent's food stall. While they weren't particularly close, they were at least on speaking terms.

"Speaking of the cold, stuff that'll warm you up might help earn you a bit more cash," Cedric pointed out as he looked around his stall to see Luna and Arnya. He gave a wave which was returned by Luna, Arnya was too preoccupied with her food to notice.

"Hmm, that's true," Vincent muttered to himself as he poured the crepe mix into the pan.

"First Hogsmeade Weekend for third year students this week if I remember," Cedric mentioned. "You excited?"

"Yeah, I'm interested in the shops there I guess," Vincent replied "Seems like a cool place."

"You'll love it," Cedric reassured, he sniffed and sighed as he smelt the faint fragrance of the crepe.