Chapter 21 - Look up

"Expecto Patronum!"

Harry looked around anxiously as the Harry on the other side of the lake yelled desperately, trying to summon his patronus against the horde of Dementors coming at him. He managed to produce a faint wisp which held them back somewhat, but it only brought some time. Both Hermione and Sirius lay down unconscious by him, leaving Harry to fight them off alone.

"Come on, where are you?" the present Harry thought as he searched around him.

When Harry was in this situation before he went back in time, he remembered someone saving him. That person's Patronus miraculously managed to repel all the Dementors. Harry, before fainting, managed to make out the persons general image which looked exactly like his...

"Where are you Dad?"

Harry, clenched his fist as he watched himself from a distance weakening, collapsing to his knees as the silver wisp keeping the Dementors back flickered constantly, eventually fading into nothing as the Dementor grasped his neck.

"Come on!" he muttered, staring about. "Where are you? Dad, come on—"

In that split second, Harry realised, no one would come.

In that split second, Harry realised, that it wasn't his father that rescued them.

It was him, he had seen himself.

Harry rushed into the open and whipped out his wand and yelled:

EXPECTO PATRONUM!

In that instant, not a silvery wisp, but something large, bright, and solid appeared out of his wand, rushing towards the Dementors. Harry's eyes winced as his eyes tried to adjust to the brightness, trying to see what exactly it was as it charged forward, making the Dementors fall back into the darkness. Soon enough, they were gone.

As the creature galloped back, Harry could finally make out the creature. It was a stag. It stopped in front of him, an arms reach for Harry as it seemed to almost look at him. As it slowly bowed its head, Harry slowly realised. "...Prongs," he whispered as held out his hand to touch it. It dispersed as soon as Harry's fingers came in contact with it, as if it wasn't there in the first place.

As Harry stood there dumbfounded, he heard hooves behind him. Startled, he found Hermione stomping towards him leading Buckbeak.

"What did you do?!" she said fiercely. "You said you were only going to keep a lookout!"

"I just saved all our lives..." said Harry. "Get behind here behind this bush—I'll explain."

...

Vincent let out a breath as he ducked under the Werewolfs good arm, letting it pass over him as he continually smashed it's ribs with his rods. It became a loop, Vincent would dodge while throwing continuas blows while the the Werewolf could only hit empty air.

As Vincent dodged another blow, he barely noticed it's bloodied arm coming toward him. Bracing for impact Vincent lifted his leg, kicking off, and using the force of the Werewolf's swing to launch himself backwards in a flip as he landed on in a backward roll right into a kneeling position. While doing so, he checked his pocket, making sure Pettigrew was still there. Giving him no time to breath it rushed him again with both arms outstretched in a hugging motion.

"It's arms healed, so I should assume that it's jaw is too, meaning that I have to watch out for it's bite again," Vincent thought as he jumped over its arms, locking his legs around the werewolf's neck, using his momentum to throw it to the ground.

Vincent took this opportunity to bash it's face with his rods before rolling to the side to avoid it's claws, reaching to grab him.

"It heals too quick, can't damage it properly much less knock it out," Vincent took quick gasps of air before stepping to the side to avoid a slash before stabbing it's stomach with his rods, making it hold it's stomach on reflex. He took advantage of it's pain to kick it's knee with all his strength, hearing a disgusting cracking sound. The werewolf fell to the ground as it held it's leg gave out under it, howling in anger and pain.